• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they could cut the 85mil to 10 mil by not using ESG Engineering

Not to worry, ESG Engineering is ‘changing gears’ and moving on. They’re getting into the Aviation business. The first project is a two seat passenger plane. It’s already 30 percent done. The wings and the engine haven’t quite been finished. Next step is 25 prototypes, want in for a measly 1000 bucks?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they could cut the 85mil to 10 mil by not using ESG Engineering
I thought Roush was doing all of the engineering? If that is the case, then I can see why it's $85M to get to the milestone of production ready. On the other hand, I cannot find any info at all as to where ESG Engineering exists today. I found two addresses and both of them are occupied by other companies. So, ESG must be some sort of "Skunk Works" where they do everything in secret. I suspect that today's blog will give us a new look at the progress made over the last 12 months and we will get to see a video of the 4th E-Series in action. The only real question is what color will it be? If it's blue, that will be refreshing and then, you'll see the stock price jump by a boatload.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought Roush was doing all of the engineering? If that is the case, then I can see why it's $85M to get to the milestone of production ready. On the other hand, I cannot find any info at all as to where ESG Engineering exists today. I found two addresses and both of them are occupied by other companies. So, ESG must be some sort of "Skunk Works" where they do everything in secret. I suspect that today's blog will give us a new look at the progress made over the last 12 months and we will get to see a video of the 4th E-Series in action. The only real question is what color will it be? If it's blue, that will be refreshing and then, you'll see the stock price jump by a boatload.
They billed over twenty million and Roush had to make major changes to make workable prototypes. ESG office had to be cleared out. Needed his dining room table for Christmas dinner.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not "mostly" ready for production though. They produced 1/8 the number of validation vehicles they claimed were required... Even if we were being generous, there is no definition whereby completing ~15% of the project allows you to claim that it's "mostly done."
Never understood the need for 24-25 E series prototypes. Glad ELIO pivoted & converted to steel instead. One full scale prototype with aircraft startups followed by production. How many protos for Sondors, EMV, FUV, etc? Anyone know? 25 prototypes sounds like at least 23 too many anyway!

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never understood the need for 24-25 E series prototypes. Glad ELIO pivoted & converted to steel instead. One full scale prototype with aircraft startups followed by production. How many protos for Sondors, EMV, FUV, etc? Anyone know? 25 prototypes sounds like at least 23 too many!
Aircraft do not have to do crash testing and long term reliability tests. If they used one vehicle for HVAC then suspension etc,,it would take years. Time is not on Elio side. They need the 25 to make a 76 week deadline after financing. This is already making it 3rd quarter 2019, debt load increasing millions per month.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Elio Motors (the SEC report right before they did their IPO):

The following tests are planned for the 25 prototypes, with some vehicles to be used for multiple tests:

1) Underhood thermal & HVAC testing – 4 vehicles
2) Electrical – 12 vehicles
3) General inspection – all vehicles
4) Serviceability – 1 vehicle
5) Powertrain (to include altitude testing, emission certification, engine/transmission development & calibration, economy and software development & verification) – 9 vehicles
6) Interior – 4 vehicles
7) Noise, vibration & harness – 4 vehicles
8) Steering – 1 vehicle
9) Ride & handling (to include vehicle turning, objective measurements, NHTSA Fish Hook, tire wear and electronic stability) – 6 vehicles
10) Performance (to include engine/transmission shift validation, 0-60 mph, hill climb, cold temperature start-up and drivability and maximum speed) – 1 vehicle
11) Fuel systems – 1 vehicle
12) Brakes – 4 vehicles
13) Body systems – 12 vehicles
14) Durability – 7 vehicles
15) Safety tests – 8 vehicles

All the tests outlined above will be performed by third parties. Since the Elio is classified as a motorcycle under the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations, the Elio does not have to meet any destructive safety tests. The crash safety testing for the Elio will be done purely as a due care measure and not because of any regulatory requirement.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aircraft do not have to do crash testing and long term reliability tests. If they used one vehicle for HVAC then suspension etc,,it would take years. Time is not on Elio side. They need the 25 to make a 76 week deadline after financing. This is already making it 3rd quarter 2019, debt load increasing millions per month.
76 weeks from today is June 22, 2019. So, they need full financing by July 17, 2018 (27 weeks from today) to get production to start on December 31, 2019.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What are you whispering? :)

I wouldn't bet against Elio either, because it would be incentive to hope for failure. I wouldn't bet on Elio either because I don't gamble on high risk ventures. Elio is long past their best shot at production, has no validated vehicle after nearly a decade of successful marketing and fundraising, faces a pissed off Caddo Parrish and 63,500 disappointed reservationists. :(
65,300 + unannounced new reservations.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never understood the need for 24-25 E series prototypes. Glad ELIO pivoted & converted to steel instead. One full scale prototype with aircraft startups followed by production. How many protos for Sondors, EMV, FUV, etc? Anyone know? 25 prototypes sounds like at least 23 too many!

If Elio Marketing says they need 25 prototype builds for testing, they need 25. 25 prototypes seems like too many, but how about 1. Elio doesn't have a single test driveable track tested prototype after nearly a decade of marketing. I've been waiting to test drive an Elio prototype since 2008. Elio Marketing promised scheduled test ride and drive events exclusively for reservationists back in 2013.

Last edited:

Sega

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio Marketing says they need 25 prototype builds for testing, they need 25. 25 prototypes seems like too many, but how about 1. Elio doesn't have a single test driveable track tested prototype after nearly a decade of marketing. I've been waiting to test drive an Elio prototype since 2008. Elio Marketing promised sceduled test ride and drive events exclusively for reservationists back in 2013.

And THIS is why they don't have confidence behind them.

Top Bottom