• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Elio Motors (the SEC report right before they did their IPO):

The following tests are planned for the 25 prototypes, with some vehicles to be used for multiple tests:

1) Underhood thermal & HVAC testing – 4 vehicles
2) Electrical – 12 vehicles
3) General inspection – all vehicles
4) Serviceability – 1 vehicle
5) Powertrain (to include altitude testing, emission certification, engine/transmission development & calibration, economy and software development & verification) – 9 vehicles
6) Interior – 4 vehicles
7) Noise, vibration & harness – 4 vehicles
8) Steering – 1 vehicle
9) Ride & handling (to include vehicle turning, objective measurements, NHTSA Fish Hook, tire wear and electronic stability) – 6 vehicles
10) Performance (to include engine/transmission shift validation, 0-60 mph, hill climb, cold temperature start-up and drivability and maximum speed) – 1 vehicle
11) Fuel systems – 1 vehicle
12) Brakes – 4 vehicles
13) Body systems – 12 vehicles
14) Durability – 7 vehicles
15) Safety tests – 8 vehicles

All the tests outlined above will be performed by third parties. Since the Elio is classified as a motorcycle under the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations, the Elio does not have to meet any destructive safety tests. The crash safety testing for the Elio will be done purely as a due care measure and not because of any regulatory requirement.
A manufacturer can certify their own production motorcycles. Design, engineer, build, and test the motorcycle prototype, pre-production motorcycle, or production motorcycle to documented USA certification requirements. Manufacturer Certification can be validated after production begins, by a third party only if needed.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio Marketing says they need 25 prototype builds for testing, they need 25. 25 prototypes seems like too many, but how about 1. Elio doesn't have a single test driveable track tested prototype after nearly a decade of marketing. I've been waiting to test drive an Elio prototype since 2008. Elio Marketing promised scheduled test ride and drive events exclusively for reservationists back in 2013.
Your eyes don't lie....ELIO has a licorice E1C that obviously is being being driven on multiple public videos and probably tested & driven on many more private videos. Where & when this testing was conducted is necessarily private until funding is signed off in April when the $ half million plus in illegal penalties are thrown out. It is absolutely NUTS to think the VCs that have raised the $100,000,000 to IPO on NASDAQ will allow for $550,000 off the top going to the f*""ing LA vehicle commissioned. Can't afford it...it. Also, all those other ridiculous lack of jobs created penalties can be easily revised by then I'm positive. It's Caddo's fault anyway. $100M NASDAQ TALKS, bulls%&t WALKS in April. I would suggest a buy limit order the second the court throws out the unconstitutional fines & buckle your ELIO seatbelts.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Manufacturer Certification can be validated after production begins, by a third party only if needed.
Exactly the opposite. The manufacturer needs to certify that they can build mass quantities of product at a low cost before they go into production. Remember, for the Elio business plan to work, they need to sell 250K per year not just build 65K for the reservation holder and wing it from there. If that's the plan, it explains why no funding has ever appeared. Building 5K per year at $20K/unit is easy, building 250K per year for $7450 is much harder.

Plus, Elio is using blue chip automotive suppliers. There is no way they will wing it either. If that's that Elio would want, they would just tell them to take a hike. It's too much of a liability for them.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your eyes don't lie....ELIO has a licorice E1C that obviously is being being driven on multiple public videos and probably tested & driven on many more private videos. Where & when this testing was conducted is necessarily private until funding is signed off in April when the $ half million plus in illegal penalties are thrown out. It is absolutely nuts to think the VCs that have raised the $100,000,000 to IPO on NASDAQ will allow for $550,000 off the top going to the f*""ing LA vehicle commissioned. Can't afford it. Also, all those other ridiculous jobs created penalties can be easily revised by then I'm positive. $100M NASDAQ TALKS, bulls%&t WALKS in April. I would suggest a buy limit order the second the court throws out the unconstitutional fines & buckle your ELIO seatbelts.
Why would they make it private? I'd think that if it was much further along than what Elio last told us in August, they would like to release that info because it would mean, even more money coming in. The $500K fine is peanuts as compared to the $530M they need and even the $20M needed to to pay off past debt.

Also, the black car still has a fiberglass body and the engine compartment is full of parts that you can buy when you are building something like a street rod and not production ready items (i.e. expansion tank, radiator, AC system, plumbing, air cleaner system, PVC system etc...). Driving around a car like Sondors is doing can fool you into thinking it's ready to go into production. Plus, not one person outside of Elio has ever driven the E1c. Very few people outside of the organization have ever driven over the last 8 years.

Other publicly traded companies give updates on progress, I don't see why Elio is exempt from that.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio Marketing says they need 25 prototype builds for testing, they need 25. 25 prototypes seems like too many, but how about 1. Elio doesn't have a single test driveable track tested prototype after nearly a decade of marketing. I've been waiting to test drive an Elio prototype since 2008. Elio Marketing promised scheduled test ride and drive events exclusively for reservationists back in 2013.
Timetables and financial projections obviously a miss...been there, done that...just like Tesla. Happens all the time. Currently watching epic delays for another unnamed startup.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would they make it private? I'd think that if it was much further along than what Elio last told us in August, they would like to release that info because it would mean, even more money coming in. The $500K fine is peanuts as compared to the $530M they need and even the $20M needed to to pay off past debt.

Also, the black car still has a fiberglass body and the engine compartment is full of parts that you can buy when you are building something like a street rod and not production ready items (i.e. expansion tank, radiator, AC system, plumbing, air cleaner system, PVC system etc...). Driving around a car like Sondors is doing can fool you into thinking it's ready to go into production. Plus, not one person outside of Elio has ever driven the E1c. Very few people outside of the organization have ever driven over the last 8 years.

Other publicly traded companies give updates on progress, I don't see why Elio is exempt from that.
Cannot imagine the VCs don't want all positive test results & other great news to come in April. It's no longer about us and the Otcqb. ELIO will meet public disclosure requiremts for the Otcqx when they have to meet NASDAQ's requirements.

As far as I know E1C is steel, power train is IAV.

This is all being done by ELIO and the money behind the NASDAQ raise to blow you away in April.

Because the illegal money headwinds matter.... A LOT!

Only an entrepreneurial neophyte would be business as usual in advance of the March court date.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Dog. I just requested shares in XTI.
How do I invest in blockchain with out getting involved with bitcoin?
I hate the whole bitcoin, crypto, blockchain and the rest of something I know nothing about. Gundlach thinks it might be a bubble at this point...good enough for me....
Love XTI... Still $1 a share, $350 minimum? Next round of crowdfunding the share price will increase. Future IPO with $4 exchange minimum?! Don't want to send them another email but would love to know when that date would be. Check out & like the first XTI video by AVWeb on utube. It still is getting over 60 views a day and is in top 20% percent of viewed AVWeb videos (I track views of certain videos for ELIO too)...Checked out Robb Report magazine, first time ever, for their January cover story on XTI at B&N yesterday. XTI has moved from being under the radar in 2017 to the top aviation story of 2018. Boom & Bye (in partnership with XTI) will be major stories as well. Things are flying high at the airport.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom