• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Theory?

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are working hard on getting a NASDAQ IPO. If that happens Paul's % of ownership will go way down.
:drum:...and it will happen when the time is right... Remember production in 2019...plenty time... Waiting till 2024 for XTI Trifan 600 VTOL production for a little perspective. Just gives everyone more time to pick up maybe 50-100 shares @$4-5 a month luckily!
Arcimoto made some amazing progress on their made in the USA FUV with efficient use of limited PRIVATE funds for R&D to production as well!
View attachment 22217
Still, a relative bargain to scale! Graph represents future funds including $376M.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’ll bite..... my theory is that Paul initially began with the best of intentions but got mired in poor decisions like wasted time and energy on such things as the Elgin Dash, and his insistence on new engine. Arguably, the new engine was because of the elusive ATVM requirements but what Automotive Engineer with his own company wouldn’t want to pee in all four corners and come up with their own powerplant, too?

These poor business decisions including missed marketing ops like 25 dollar tee shirts with St. Patty’s Day messages, versus cheap giveaways, spoke volumes to outside investors. One particular investor, educated Paul on finding other creative means of creating wealth, and the real push to put a viable vehicle out became less of a priority.

Also, I do not think we ever had a remote chance at securing the ATVM brass ring: setting aside the need that Elio never proved solvency, otherwise, the DOE has/had no intention of funding what is just a lighter, smaller car, that seats fewer, but does nothing to ease traffic and parking problems, heck it might make all that much worse.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My theory is that EM is creating more problems to themselves than they realize by sending us endless blogs of how to make a perfect 3wheeler that when all are said and done, we should be able to compete and build our own version of the ELIO except.......we will be in the same boat with them trying to find VC investors!!! :D

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My theory is they screwed up no more than any other auto startup, and are still around when many others failed. I also think Drexel Hamilton reworked the website to prep it for the sell of the IPO shares. And the lobbying firm in Washington is going to get the ATVM loan to come through, obviously providing the lobbyist with enough money and Elio shares to retire on. My theory is I'll be customizing my Elio next year for delivery in 2019. :car::cheer2:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:drum:...and it will happen when the time is right... Remember production in 2019...plenty time... Waiting till 2024 for XTI Trifan 600 VTOL production for a little perspective. Just gives everyone more time to pick up maybe 50-100 shares @$4-5 a month luckily!

Still, a relative bargain to scale! Graph represents future funds including $376M.
Money spent to date. Arcimoto's $13 Million spent to get the first Signature Series Delivered, debt free, NASDAQ listed, production ready, and tooling up the manufacturing plant for 2018 reservationist deliveries as we type. It's better not to compare the company business models and/or the vehicles since they are so different and I like them both. Only looking at Arcimoto's R&D $ spent to get to actual production.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Surprisingly Frohnmayer has no automotive experience, must be very smart and know who to hire. Imagine if either him or Jerry Kroll was in charge. People would be driving the second generation Elio by now.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My theory is they screwed up no more than any other auto startup, and are still around when many others failed. I also think Drexel Hamilton reworked the website to prep it for the sell of the IPO shares. And the lobbying firm in Washington is going to get the ATVM loan to come through, obviously providing the lobbyist with enough money and Elio shares to retire on. My theory is I'll be customizing my Elio next year for delivery in 2019. :car::cheer2:
I admire your optimism

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’ll bite..... my theory is that Paul initially began with the best of intentions but got mired in poor decisions like wasted time and energy on such things as the Elgin Dash, and his insistence on new engine. Arguably, the new engine was because of the elusive ATVM requirements but what Automotive Engineer with his own company wouldn’t want to pee in all four corners and come up with their own powerplant, too?

These poor business decisions including missed marketing ops like 25 dollar tee shirts with St. Patty’s Day messages, versus cheap giveaways, spoke volumes to outside investors. One particular investor, educated Paul on finding other creative means of creating wealth, and the real push to put a viable vehicle out became less of a priority.

Also, I do not think we ever had a remote chance at securing the ATVM brass ring: setting aside the need that Elio never proved solvency, otherwise, the DOE has/had no intention of funding what is just a lighter, smaller car, that seats fewer, but does nothing to ease traffic and parking problems, heck it might make all that much worse.
What traffic and parking problems ? https://www.eliomotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/13-543x406.jpg
I agree about the ATVM. Relying on Government cheese results in an upset stomach.

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My theory is they are in money gathering mode with a lot of NDA involved.
Might explain lack of news. Not wanting to give away what they are doing to
the competition might also be involved.

Top Bottom