• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Theory?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My theory is they are in money gathering mode with a lot of NDA involved.
Might explain lack of news. Not wanting to give away what they are doing to
the competition might also be involved.
I don't think that there is any competitors for an ICE three wheeler at that price point. I am sure investors are questioning why.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solo, Sondors, and Arcimoto have progressed about the same pace as Elio for about a tenth of the cost. If Elio had new management, could they start production with around half the $367 million additional dollars needed? The savings would more than make up the lack of the ATVM loan.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solo, Sondor & SRK will have less than 20% of the Elio production capacity as well...Elio also has proven demand. Basic supply & demand and economies of scale will make ELIO the production King by a mile. Works well with mass consumption products such as Apple or Keurig versus the high end game of most of the other 3 wheelers (Vanderhall excluded)...big margins or bust!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solo, Sondor & SRK will have less than 20% of the Elio production capacity as well...Elio also has proven demand. Basic supply & demand and economies of scale will make ELIO the production King by a mile. Works well with mass consumption products such as Apple or Keurig versus the high end game of most of the other 3 wheelers (Vanderhall excluded)...big margins or bust!
Less than 20% of Elio's production capacity? Not so true of EMV with their current 120,880 pre-order SOLOs. No real proof of market demand until one of these startup companies scale production numbers to pass or fail the market demand test. If the demand is real all the companies have the capacity to scale production.........especially true of EMV with their Chinese manufacturing partner..........currently manufacturing over a million motorcycles per year for a worldwide market........speaking of economies of scale. :)

A big marketing advantage for Arcimoto and Elio Motors is made in the USA providing jobs for Eugene and Shreveport residents and boosting their local economies. Solo (Canada) and Sondors (USA) will apparently made and most likely assembled in China.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Less than 20% of Elio's production capacity? Not so true of EMV with their current 120,880 pre-order SOLOs. No real proof of market demand until one of these startup companies scale production numbers to pass or fail the market demand test. If the demand is real all the companies have the capacity to scale production.........especially true of EMV with their Chinese manufacturing partner..........currently manufacturing over a million motorcycles per year for a worldwide market........speaking of economies of scale. :)

A big marketing advantage for Arcimoto and Elio Motors is made in the USA providing jobs for Eugene and Shreveport residents and boosting their local economies. Solo (Canada) and Sondors (USA) will apparently made and most likely assembled in China.
:behindsofa: ...but, but, but...only 5,000 produced in 2018...20,000 in 2019, 50,000 in 2020. Point taken.

Last edited:

jevans64

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Paul already had an investor ( or investors ) early on but didn't want to give up control of the company. I bet he burned those bridges and now they just want Elio to fail so that they can pick up the pieces for a song and dance. Even though I ponied up a $1000 non-refundable, I knew that the stated goals could never be met, physics and all. More realistically, I was expecting around 60 MPG, $11,000 w/ automatic, and just enough safety to pass as a motorcycle.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:behindsofa: ...but, but, but...only 5,000 in 2018, 20,000 in 2019. Point taken.
I like 'em all but I can afford only one! My Elio is a long shot right now with incomplete R & D and no budget so SOLO is by far with it's Chinese backing and funding will mostly likely deliver the first 5K easily next year which includes mine so they'll get my business.
I just hope it eventually happens, but at this point, I've already mentally kissed my $1000 goodbye. :(:mad:
Not all is lost BilgeRat! EM is still around, the hook, line, bait and sinker's in the water....just waiting to lure that big fish! Then there's the SOLO that accepts reservations from other start ups so I used my 1K from ELIO for a SOLO and EMV is ready to go full throttle of the first 5K units by next year!!! Not all is lost BildgeRat....not all is lost. :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EMV's no risk Reservation Match Program (for any Vehicle) is a generous marketing strategy. if the SOLO happens to meet an Elio Reservationist's needs and budget, it does provide the opportunity to salvage a potentially lost $1K non-refundable deposit. I used my Tesla Model 3 refundable Reservation match for White Hot Solo #166.
IMG_7898.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom