• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given that you only have to remove 4 bolts to take off the entire fender, I don't see the maintenance advantage in being able to just remove the back plastic.
We have people here that are afraid to get out of the car on the traffic side and you want to have to pull the whole fender if you get a flat?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"You will have options when it comes to the color of the wheel covers!"

I think they would be base colors. Because they are thin, I would think the part would be the same color all the way through to avoid having to paint and the possibility of the paint cracking when the part flexes. JMO

Last edited:

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think fenders or flat tires are an issue. A few things to think about, how many flats do you get, I had a flat on one of my trucks back in the 80s, I have had four cars since 1999 that had run flats and no flat tires, now I start to wonder why I am spending the extra money on run flats. The fenders won't be an issue if you don't have flats and most likely you will have a better chance of running out of gas. The other thing is that the Elio will be a cash cow for aftermarket company's and you will have many aftermarket fenders to choose from. The first chance that I get to purchase some carbon fiber fenders that expose the wheel I will, then some cool custom wheels.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have people here that are afraid to get out of the car on the traffic side and you want to have to pull the whole fender if you get a flat?
With the existing full fenders, it looks to me like that is what will have to be done. Just getting the valve stem to where you can use your Fix-a-Flat appears to be a major ordeal.

mrmeeks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
No rendering, just the front CAD view from the EM blog. I dropped it into Solidworks and scaled it to full size so I can create some simple 3D models.
B8Lv7jv.jpg
Thanks!

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the existing full fenders, it looks to me like that is what will have to be done. Just getting the valve stem to where you can use your Fix-a-Flat appears to be a major ordeal.

Major
|ˈmājər|adjective1 [ attrib. ] important, serious, or significant: Adding Fix-A-Flat to a tire is a major problem.

Maybe roll the tire a few inches to a couple of feet?

Top Bottom