• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Do You Think The Elio Will Hit The Streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, we agree they can make quality products, your other remark sounds like only under parent's supervision. China is the leading exporter on the planet, they are the engine that drives our economy (think Walmart etc etc.), if they decided to call in American Treasury notes, they own us. The have over 60 car companies, of which I'm sure could develop and meet the highest of standards, materials, safety, quality and design.
They also have cheap labor, untapped natural resources, and very limited government control. By the time Apple develops their car 10 yrs +/- they'll have contacts in place to have them built in China. Of course, they could always set up shop right here. If EM doesn't work out, there's a great automotive manufacturing plant that will be available!

China and US has a symbiotic relationship. I doubt they would call in anything. Sure China could become the next "Japan" but right now they are not at that level.

The only other Chinese products of good quality is guns and ammo. Which we cant get here anymore(except shotguns) due to ole slick willy.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a problem that when I express a negative opinion strange things happen .I hear a voice in the night and the bed shakes I've figured out it's Zelio sending me a message .I'm afraid that if I said Elio probably won't happen I'd wake up a bloody mess .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you happen to notice PEs comment on the possibility of doing a YELLOW vinyl wrap on a marshmallow Elio?
Watching some TV shows it appears that a wrap is a more economical solution than a full paint job.
I share my ignorance, although I've seen wrap referenced, I have not a clue. Is it stick-on pieces? thanks

MegaMan

Reaction score
Well, we agree they can make quality products, your other remark sounds like only under parent's supervision. China is the leading exporter on the planet, they are the engine that drives our economy (think Walmart etc etc.), if they decided to call in American Treasury notes, they own us.

I have never been able to figure out where this ridiculous rumor comes from. China holds somewhere between 6-8% of our debt, with Japan holding approximately the same amount. Not only would they not "own" us - it would hardly phase us. How exactly is China going to demand payment?

On the other hand, China's GDP began to slip during the recession. Why? Because they're entirely export dependent (with pretty lackluster per capita incomes) - and we're their biggest buyer. They're not going to tell their biggest buyer to screw off. The fact of the matter is that China is far more dependent on foreign markets than the US is, and the recession is a fantastic anecdotal example of it.

Let say, theoretically, that China decides to commit economic suicide and decline all exports to the US this evening. Tomorrow afternoon, you would have investors scowering southeast Asia and Africa to move operations. They're not gonna twiddle their thumbs, say aww shucks and give up.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't be too quick to dismiss Chinese quality, Japan, Korea had the same rep for years, and bingo!
My solid wood kitchen cabinets for example- wood was shipped from Canada to China, fabricated,packaged and shipped back, w/ excellent quality and a great price.

Worst case EM could export their
Motor & & import the knock- off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom