• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Do You Think The Elio Will Hit The Streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpg

Christian

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Why not let EM put out a notice to all Reservationists, so that we know EM is endorsing this program?
It sounds great, but .................

The reason being that we are not yet endorsed by EM. As I mentioned, we were asked to do a marketing pitch to them (which will determine whether or not we will work alongside EM or not). In order to put together a great pitch, I am working on behalf of FilmBreak to gather insight on why Elio customers pre-ordered the car.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am needing them to get it going the cars I am driving both have over 130,000 miles on them are tired and need replacing sooner the later. I don't know how much longer I can hold out for this to happen.
My car has just under 165,000 and I figure I'll have a good 190,000+ by the time I get in an Elio.

MegaMan

Reaction score
We were asked by Elio to prepare a pitch as to how they would benefit from partnering with us to head up their pre-sales campaign. With that being said, we'd like to know the reasons why current Elio customers pre-ordered the car. Obviously, the price and MPG are huge, but I would like to dig deeper.

I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I probably will. I have slightly different reasons.

I view it more or less as a future transportation for the masses. Do I particularly need an Elio? Nope. Not at all. I drive a Mini Cooper and a Dodge Stratus coupe. Both are very fun to drive, both have reasonably good power, both fit my needs.

Personally, I don't go rush out and buy a $35k vehicle to take a ridiculous depreciation hit. When I buy a vehicle, I try and hit it at the bottom of its' depreciation curve but with reasonable life still in the car. The Elio is different because it will be such a cheap car to operate. Comparatively, you're not going to take a depreciation hit at all with fuel savings being what they will be.

But the Elio is mostly everything you need, and nothing you don't for 7k. The potential impact for this vehicle is huge, and if throwing down a deposit helps ensure that it changes the way we look at transportation as a society, benefits everyone, AND gets me a car?! I'm all for it.

I'm just waiting for more word on the engine before I throw my money in.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rucrayze,

I agree. Like investing, I will need to do my venting of this gentleman and his company before I offer information. Just popping up on this website and making a statement adds no creditability to his spiel.
why? how does giving anyone general info cause any problem? For me anyone moving Elio to production without costing me anything is worth my time. For me cost/mpg and it is so unusual in looks got my $1k to them. Other trumpeted goodies like American made was gravy for the fried chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom