• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Will You Go First With Your New Elio?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too live in an Inland Northwest Paradise Resort City ideal for a future Elio Rally with the opportunity for many twisty, scenic, mountain road driving/riding experiences.
image.jpg

Next year you will see a two-tone creamsicle/marsmallow blurred streak (me in my Elio) in the middle of my favorite hometown aerial photo.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My bucket list on motorcycle rides is about complete except Sturgis 75th (rode Harley there for the 72nd), Bear Tooth Pass, and Austraila. Had planned to ride Wing to 75Th, (Harley's sick, will not rebuild again), but if I get my Elio in time I'll ride/drive it. I have riden the Wing on a lot of HOG trips, Grand Canyon- New Mexico, Outta Banks, Key West, DC, etc. I ride what I got.
With the Elio, I'll most likely start over. As for Austraila, anyone guess the cost to ship an Elio there??
Ship it and ride, sell it there to pay for whole trip, buy another upon return???
Most say they can't wait but I can/will wait for my Elio, it's Time 'Has Come'.
BTW, I'm 'All in at the Top'.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My bucket list on motorcycle rides is about complete except Sturgis 75th (rode Harley there for the 72nd), Bear Tooth Pass, and Austraila. Had planned to ride Wing to 75Th, (Harley's sick, will not rebuild again), but if I get my Elio in time I'll ride/drive it. I have riden the Wing on a lot of HOG trips, Grand Canyon- New Mexico, Outta Banks, Key West, DC, etc. I ride what I got.
With the Elio, I'll most likely start over. As for Austraila, anyone guess the cost to ship an Elio there??
Ship it and ride, sell it there to pay for whole trip, buy another upon return???
Most say they can't wait but I can/will wait for my Elio, it's Time 'Has Come'.
BTW, I'm 'All in at the Top'.
Hi and Welcome from Oregon, tazairforce. I have to ask, what on earth is the West coast of middle GA. I have been to Georgia and although it has been many years, I could swear there is only an East coast in George. LOL Sounds like a great idea to take a trip to Australia, sell the Elio and then use the money for the trip. One word of advice, reserve your next Elio before you leave. LOL I agree Elio's time has come and I can also wait. I am using the time to save up the money to move to a higher "all in" bracket. I am half way to the increase to $500 and hope to do that when I see the Elio in Portland in July. Now that is something I can't wait for. LOL :-) Z

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome from Oregon, tazairforce. I have to ask, what on earth is the West coast of middle GA. I have been to Georgia and although it has been many years, I could swear there is only an East coast in George. LOL Sounds like a great idea to take a trip to Australia, sell the Elio and then use the money for the trip. One word of advice, reserve your next Elio before you leave. LOL I agree Elio's time has come and I can also wait. I am using the time to save up the money to move to a higher "all in" bracket. I am half way to the increase to $500 and hope to do that when I see the Elio in Portland in July. Now that is something I can't wait for. LOL :) Z
That. my friend is an 'Alabama' joke', they tell Ga. jokes over there. I will tell you the 'Rest of this story'. We have been ridin to Hamomd, La. for the last 5/6 years to our annual 'Hammond, La. Crawfish Boil', a Harley rider there put's up for the night. Have n said that, we try to get there in the least amount of time. The Void between West Ga. and LA., we call the void/Sea. There for we see Al./Miss.as the ocean between us and La. That seems to us as like an ocean we have to cross to get to Hammond. Thus the term 'West Coast of Ga'. Coined that phrase when we rode to Hammond several years ago.
Don't get me wrong, Al. has a lot of good riding country, just 'Been there, Done that'
Been Gold panning/dredging at the Al. Gold Camp, found some Gold. Going back this summer.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I traveled a good many miles most of my working life, but my favorite places are right here in the US. Not the big cities and major attractions, but what I call "two-lane America", the places out here in flyover country that you'll totally miss from 30,000 feet. From your car, bike, or in the best of both worlds, next year in your Elio, you'll get a fresh perspective on this nation and its people. It's out there on the two-lane.

See a live concert at Red Rocks, attend a wine tasting in Fredericksburg, follow the elk in the high Rockies during the fall rut, trace the white water of the Snake River, or drive the historic Natchez Trace from Natchez to Nashville. Run the Blue Ridge Parkway, visit the "sugar sand" beaches of Western Florida. If you want to broaden your palate while you listen to the music of America, visit New Orleans - not just the Quarter, but the Garden District and the sleepy jazz clubs that are now returning to the lakeshore - try the outstanding cuisine, not just the big chain restaurants, but the places where the locals go - the gumbo, the creole, and the etouffee. Hit up Nashville, Austin, St. Louis, or Chicago to hear the music and taste the barbecue. Go to a VFW or Volunteer Fire Department baseball game on a summer night in any small town in America - just be sure you're at least thirty miles from an Interstate. Meet the locals, enjoy a cold drink from an iced-down washtub under the stands. This is a summer evening that hasn't changed for the past hundred years.

Every spring and fall there are a wealth of cultural festivals suitable for a short road trip within a few hours of where you live. Get off the main roads and visit our heritage; the sights, sounds, and smell of boudain and polish sausage, of cabrito and tandoori chicken, spanokopita and empanadas, prepared by the people who brought them to America. Taste the food, hear the language, immerse yourself in the culture for a few hours, and come away with a new appreciation for our somewhat mongrelized heritage. It's a big country out there and you can visit far-flung cultures with a simple road trip out where you turn off the Interstate and onto two-lane America. Go online and look for the spring festivals this weekend and plan a trip with friends or family.

Once you've experienced my two-lane America, you may not want to go home. ;)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I traveled a good many miles most of my working life, but my favorite places are right here in the US. Not the big cities and major attractions, but what I call "two-lane America", the places out here in flyover country that you'll totally miss from 30,000 feet. From your car, bike, or in the best of both worlds, next year in your Elio, you'll get a fresh perspective on this nation and its people. It's out there on the two-lane.

See a live concert at Red Rocks, attend a wine tasting in Fredericksburg, follow the elk in the high Rockies during the fall rut, trace the white water of the Snake River, or drive the historic Natchez Trace from Natchez to Nashville. Run the Blue Ridge Parkway, visit the "sugar sand" beaches of Western Florida. If you want to broaden your palate while you listen to the music of America, visit New Orleans - not just the Quarter, but the Garden District and the sleepy jazz clubs that are now returning to the lakeshore - try the outstanding cuisine, not just the big chain restaurants, but the places where the locals go - the gumbo, the creole, and the etouffee. Hit up Nashville, Austin, St. Louis, or Chicago to hear the music and taste the barbecue. Go to a VFW or Volunteer Fire Department baseball game on a summer night in any small town in America - just be sure you're at least thirty miles from an Interstate. Meet the locals, enjoy a cold drink from an iced-down washtub under the stands. This is a summer evening that hasn't changed for the past hundred years.

Every spring and fall there are a wealth of cultural festivals suitable for a short road trip within a few hours of where you live. Get off the main roads and visit our heritage; the sights, sounds, and smell of boudain and polish sausage, of cabrito and tandoori chicken, spanokopita and empanadas, prepared by the people who brought them to America. Taste the food, hear the language, immerse yourself in the culture for a few hours, and come away with a new appreciation for our somewhat mongrelized heritage. It's a big country out there and you can visit far-flung cultures with a simple road trip out where you turn off the Interstate and onto two-lane America. Go online and look for the spring festivals this weekend and plan a trip with friends or family.

My sister and I experienced that on our way back from Yellowstone on one of the two lanes in southeastern Idaho. We noticed a strange black ball like deposit on the road and wondered what on earth it was. As we rounded a curve we found the source, a herd sheep being herded, by riderless horses, sheep dogs and Basque shepherds. They even had the old traditional covered sheep camp wagon with them. They were concerned about slowing us down but we were actually thrilled to come upon this unique experience and having the time to enjoy it. We had another experience in New Mexico but it was right along the interstate. We had been looking at petroglyphs and volcanic deposits all morning and I mentioned to my sister I was in the mood for some Indian Fry Bread. A short distance past that there was a hand lettered sign advertising Indian Fry Bread and Roast Mutton at the next exit. It was on one of the reservations and a couple had set up a camp trailer where the wife was making the Fry Bread and the husband was roasting the mutton over an oil can grill next to the trailer. It was an absolutely delicious lunch. In fact remembering it makes my mouth water. LOL -) Z

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Nice write up Lil4X and I agree, 2 lane America is for those of us that can slow down and enjoy it. We all have stories to tell. Five weeks ago I was in Bandera, Tx. We three, from Ga. met one from Houston (recently from Newnan, Ga.), one rode down from Boulder, Co. One came up from Hammond, La. and rented two houses in Bandera (Cowboy Capital), made the Luckenbach stop, rode the 'Three Sisters' and others, eat at Coopers BBQ, had a GR8 time and returned home safe.

Would it be possible to plan a get to geather, around a camp fire, and share these stories of the road when we get our Elio's. I have a cargo trailer w'tent and a Time Out pop-up camper that I pull with the Wing. If the Wing (900#'s) can pull these two trailers I think an 1250# Elio could do better. I believe I will down grade to a Mini-Mate camper when I retire.
I like this Elio concept, a weather proof, Can Am type ride you don't have to prop-up when you stop.
Waiting on my production #, May go to Shrevesport and pick it up and go to Colorado from there ??????

Top Bottom