• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Will You Go First With Your New Elio?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can come to Roseburg, Z. Only 400 miles and I LUV LOOKIN' (at scenery) Utah is another story... Tooooooooo beautiful!
I used to think 400 miles was a piece of cake but not any more. But, I think I live in one of the most beautiful parts of Oregon. Of course I have to admit I have not seen all parts. I saw the Columbia River Gorge by train when I was 9 y/o. Saw it again by car in my 50s. I drove over from Nampa, ID to Bend when I moved here in 2009. That is high desert but has its own kind of beauty. But from US 97 from Bend through Lone Pine and then on down to Crater Lake is very nice with some very interesting Geology. SR 138 heads from there to Roseburg and is an exquisite drive. The first part is a straight shot, up and down but, I do mean very, very, straight for roughly 15 miles. Then when you get closer to the entrance to Crater Lake and Diamond Lake the curves take over. It will be an incredible drive in an Elio. I assume you are meaning to drive over after getting the Elios. By the time we get them we can decide whether to meet and greet or not. BTW, I lived in Reno from late 1999 to 2003. And in case any of you are wondering about all the places I say I have lived - there have been quite a few but my favorite is and has always been the West. LOL :-) Z

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first time I fire mine up will be for a trip of at least 4000 miles. I plan on seeing all my immediate family to show it off, and rub it in their faces that I'm the smartest one in the family for getting one. LOL.
Would anyone like to go do the Dragon, Cherihala, FootHills Parkway, thru Gattlenburg, and down to Cherikee,when we get 'em?? Will be ride n to the IronHorse Lodge, North of Robbinsville, NC. on June 20-23, for a Harley get to gather, can inquire about a Elio meet it ya'll have interest.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Would anyone like to go do the Dragon, Cherihala, FootHills Parkway, thru Gattlenburg, and down to Cherikee,when we get 'em?? Will be ride n to the IronHorse Lodge, North of Robbinsville, NC. on June 20-23, for a Harley get to gather, can inquire about a Elio meet it ya'll have interest.
Absolutely! I love driving that area every fall anyway!

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some friends on ClubLexus use to make an annual pilgrimage to "Tail of the Dragon" - and now during the season, it's gotten kind of crowded, filled with high-speed tourists, cops trying to discourage budding Michael Schumachers among us, and the occasional ambulance for those who weren't "discouraged" in time.

I guess I never understood why someone would travel through such a beautiful part of the country and never look at anything but apexes . . . .
doh-smiley.gif

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recomend Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, to all of you two lane America folks.
Sugar beaches of west Florida, we have them in Alabama as well. Some here have mentioned the varity and splendor or various cultures to be found in American. Not to much about the south however. If you still buy into the stereotypes created about the south by the east coast media, do us all a favor and stay away. This is a great place and we don't need that kind of thinking.
We are good people. Move along nothing to see here.

I'll be going to the dragon, I did the Miata runs several times.
stepping down now.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You can count me in too. I absolutely LOVE to travel, and love history. Some folks love to travel the world, but for me, their is a life time of beauty right here in this great nation. Maybe we can use this forum to form a group, like the "Air Stream" folks. Do an annual "get together" in a different part of the country. Just a thought. :rolleyes: Who wants to start testing the water and building a base. . . . . . . If there is enough interest there?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
You can count me in too. I absolutely LOVE to travel, and love history. Some folks love to travel the world, but for me, their is a life time of beauty right here in this great nation. Maybe we can use this forum to form a group, like the "Air Stream" folks. Do an annual "get together" in a different part of the country. Just a thought. :rolleyes: Who wants to start testing the water and building a base. . . . . . . If there is enough interest there?

I believe this has been brought up in a number of different threads now and as we move closer to production I suspect several members will step forward and work together to make this a reality. :)

Top Bottom