• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Not Buy A Geo Metro Or 1st Gen Insight?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You drive a f**king Geo Metro. Sure it gets good mpgs but it was a piece of crap back then and an even bigger piece of crap now. Sure you get 50mpgs, when the thing starts. It's nice when you can put your foot through the rusty floor. Have fun driving your Geo, pizza delivery boy

Personal attacks.....nice! Actually I do very well for myself. I'm in finance which is kind of like delivering pizzas....right?

My $650 metro has never not started. I'm assuming you haven't driven one since you act like they are garbage engines. These thigs start so damn easy its ridiculous.

Bough one that was sitting for 5 years. Cleaned the tank and swapped the fuel pump and it fired right up.

If you are going to talk bad about the metro, mention the exhaust valves or frame rust.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personal attacks.....nice! Actually I do very well for myself. I'm in finance which is kind of like delivering pizzas....right?

My $650 metro has never not started. I'm assuming you haven't driven one since you act like they are garbage engines. These thigs start so damn easy its ridiculous.

Bough one that was sitting for 5 years. Cleaned the tank and swapped the fuel pump and it fired right up.

If you are going to talk bad about the metro, mention the exhaust valves or frame rust.
Hay, your drag coefficient answer is .0458

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Exhaust valve... I think I paid a guy $100 to resurface the head, I seated the valve - the gaskets and fluid were like $110 and it only took a weekend to take it apart and a weekend to put it back together (It didnt' take ALL weekend but I did spend some time doing it.) I bought the car for $340. The Elio should be equally easy to work on and since, for me, anyway, it will save me so much money, it basically will pay for itself in fuel savings (I spend $320 a month on diesel fuel). Sure, I could get a beater car but I want something new and to support something that will enable other people who are less mechanically inclined to actually purchase something that gets pretty darned good fuel mileage.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, it's pretty tough finance calculating your tips. But I shouldn't insult you since I came onto the Geo Metro forum and talked about what a shit car it is

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exhaust valve... I think I paid a guy $100 to resurface the head, I seated the valve - the gaskets and fluid were like $110 and it only took a weekend to take it apart and a weekend to put it back together (It didnt' take ALL weekend but I did spend some time doing it.) I bought the car for $340. The Elio should be equally easy to work on and since, for me, anyway, it will save me so much money, it basically will pay for itself in fuel savings (I spend $320 a month on diesel fuel). Sure, I could get a beater car but I want something new and to support something that will enable other people who are less mechanically inclined to actually purchase something that gets pretty darned good fuel mileage.

Couldn't you get a cheap beater for now while you wait on the elio. It could be 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, never.

And I agree the Elio should be a very easy car to work on only being 3 cylinders.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty tough finance calculating your tips. But I shouldn't insult you since I came onto the Geo Metro forum and talked about what a shit car it is

I never talked bad about the Elio car itself. Please read all of my posts and find where I said the car is a POS.....You won't find it because I like the idea and the car. I just don't think it will be made.

Maybe mentioning finance is why I won't give them $1k now.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's suppose to be low, it's half a car wide and only 1200lbs.

Post #34
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/power-to-weight-comparison.1084/page-4#post-13311
Craig, I believe you are confusing coefficient of drag with power to weight. All I've seen on the elio's drag coefficient is that the production vehicle was expected to be sub ".3"

That's pretty slick for a vehicle, since the most aerodynamic road-going Ferrari to date(458 italia) is .330

14090857645_11b946e996.jpg

Last edited:

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's suppose to be low, it's half a car wide and only 1200lbs.

Post #34
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/power-to-weight-comparison.1084/page-4#post-13311

That is a thread that is talking about power to weight ratio. I think you are confused with what I am asking. The link below is what I am talking about. And yes aero is the most important factor when you are talking about getting high mpgs. I'm assuming it is really low, just looking for a conrete number.

http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/Vehicle_Coefficient_of_Drag_List

Top Bottom