• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Power Windows And A Single Power Door Lock?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the need on the Elio for Power Windows. I would prefer a "Base" Model that comes with manual door locks and hand crank windows. Put the expensive to replace power stuff as add ons please!
What is the cost of a manual door lock and hand crank windows versus a power lock and power windows?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the need on the Elio for Power Windows. I would prefer a "Base" Model that comes with manual door locks and hand crank windows. Put the expensive to replace power stuff as add ons please!

Welcome to the forum Jan. That question's been around, and I believe it has to do with the fact that power window actuators are lightweight, cheap and ubiquitous. I haven't seen a window handle since my '96 Jeep Cherokee stock-as-a-rock model.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score

i agree 100%

why not simple sliding windows ??

what.jpg

Top Bottom