• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Words Of Encouragement?

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Most of the Elio news looks fairly bleak, but I would like to remain hopeful.

Does anybody have any words of encouragement?

Is there any good Elio news?

Please Brighten My Day.....

...you can deduct worthless securities up to $3,000.00 a year.

If you invested and lost more than $3,000.00, the excess carries over to next year.

It's why I cancelled the sell order on my stock - I only invested $3k to begin with.

Hope that brightens your day.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...you can deduct worthless securities up to $3,000.00 a year.

If you invested and lost more than $3,000.00, the excess carries over to next year.

It's why I cancelled the sell order on my stock - I only invested $3k to begin with.

Hope that brightens your day.

At what point do they become 'worthless?' Does EM formally have to fold? What if things just continue to languish for years? Even the lowest Penny Stocks have 'worth.'

Thanks for the info, tho...

Last edited:

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would take a lot for them to become worthless. I would guess the most likely negative story to hit us would be another delay in production. That would probably take about 50% out of the stock, if not more. After that beating the market would wait to see what's next. If we then get news that the ATVM loan fell through then I would expect another 50% drop. That would put the stock around a buck, bordering on penny stock territory. But if the next news story is positive....blast off!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The most optimistic thing I have seen is the Caddo Parish commissioners have moved out their deadline to the middle of 2019.

They signed nondisclosure agreements and then were given company proprietary information which is information we do not have. Then they moved the deadline.
What deadline is that? Neither Caddo Parish nor IDB have any direct business relationship, contract or arrangement with Elio Motors.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another possible source of some income would be if Elio started selling engines to outside companies. This might be happening soon.
Here is a part of the press release they had concerning this possibility:

Linamar is also partnering with Elio to manufacture engines for use in the automotive, marine and industrial sectors outside of the U.S. Linamar will be a component and subsystem supplier for Elio Motors’ other driveline and chassis systems in North America, the statement said.

“Not only does this give us great penetration into ultra-high mileage vehicles, it also gives us a chance to sell this highly efficient engine to a variety of markets and customers,” Linamar CEO Linda Hasenfratz said in a statement.

Selling engines might be enough to pay some of the bills until the autocar goes into production. It would also let them work out any bugs beforehand.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The most optimistic thing I have seen is the Caddo Parish commissioners have moved out their deadline to the middle of 2019.

They signed nondisclosure agreements and then were given company proprietary information which is information we do not have. Then they moved the deadline.
Incorrect information.

There is no deadline that involves the Caddo Parish Commisioners OR IDB. None what-so-ever.
Unless you're talking about the year 2038. IRG has a 2013 25-year lease agreement for the plant with IDB.

Basically, Stu and IRG can do just about whatever they want with the property. Including letting it sit empty for two decades.
As long as they keep it up and pay the rent, Caddo Parish can't say doo-doo about it for the next 20 years.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...motors-caddo-commissioner-explains/101879186/
http://www.caddo.org/index.aspx?NID=427&PREVIEW=YES

Last edited:
Top Bottom