• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Words Of Encouragement?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Incorrect information.

There is no deadline that involves the Caddo Parish Commisioners OR IDB. None what-so-ever.
Unless you're talking about the year 2038. IRG has a 2013 25-year lease agreement for the plant with IDB.

Basically, Stu and IRG can do just about whatever they want with the property. Including letting it sit empty for two decades.
As long as they keep it up and pay the rent, Caddo Parish can't say doo-doo about it for the next 20 years.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...motors-caddo-commissioner-explains/101879186/
http://www.caddo.org/index.aspx?NID=427&PREVIEW=YES

My post was based on what I had read on this website and I may have been incorrect. I am including a post of yours that does a good job of sorting out who owes what to whom. Apparently the deadline was with Racer, not the parish. I stand corrected.

I am under the impression this was moved out to the middle of 2019.

Since the Caddo Parish meeting with EM under the non-disclosure agreements, the parish members have been quiet (must have been horrible for them).

On a separate note, I am including another post mentioning the parish members, non-disclosure meeting and apparent optimism on the part of the commissioners. I find it interesting.

https://www.elioowners.com/threads/from-the-sec-11-25-2016-release.8041/page-7#post-183278

https://www.elioowners.com/threads/july-31st-2017-tick-tock.8417/page-7#post-186219

You would make a great lawyer. You would also make a great investigative journalist, except, I am not sure investigative journalism is popular in the new media --- drama is.

I will be more careful to dot my I’s and cross my T’s in the future.

James Reveal

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a dreamer and even if the dream goes up in smoke it would be worth the investment to know that so many awesome people dreamed with me. I still believe in the dream and I'll continue to brag about my Elio. So, let's all not give up on the dream, keep bragging about the Elio that you plan to drive proudly, knowing that without visionaries the United States would look like the rest of the world, not the shining example of free enterprise!

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was trying to find this thread before starting a new post, but I am still optimistic and here's why:

In Elio's July 2016 presentation they said something that stuck with me. On slide 11 they conducted a brand awareness study and found that only 6.5% of US adults age 25-75 had heard about the Elio. It's probably a little higher but I would guess it's still under 10%. That makes the 65k+ reservations seem even more impressive.

nusemanbell

Reaction score
I too am a dreamer, but with the technical savvy to do some unique and impressive projects. This is my first post, but I wanted to share my vision. In anticipation of getting an Elio some day, I have already started collecting accessories such ad LED lights, air-horns, and a muscular sound system. My goal is to own a apple green Elio that is literally a Boom-Box and Light-Show on wheels. FUN-FUN-FUN.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too am a dreamer, but with the technical savvy to do some unique and impressive projects. This is my first post, but I wanted to share my vision. In anticipation of getting an Elio some day, I have already started collecting accessories such ad LED lights, air-horns, and a muscular sound system. My goal is to own a apple green Elio that is literally a Boom-Box and Light-Show on wheels. FUN-FUN-FUN.
I too have some "things" squirreled away for my Elio :p

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the title of this thread. It should be the most energetic of threads. The continued discussions on what Paul should have or should not have done, whether we should be CVT or manual, electric or ICE, or any number of other discussions is OK, but it is just each one of us spouting our own personal opinions. We all have an opinion and in my own mind, mine is the most correct. Pretty sure everyone agrees with me on that. :)

Anyway, I was surfing the internet looking for an option to add 2 wheels to the front of my motorcycle, or a kit to put a motorcycle engine in a kit. Arilea and Dave Bowers and others have spent time building their own and they look pretty impressive. As I look at others efforts on line I am brought back to how darn impressive the Elio is. The goal Paul has set is pretty high, and he has put together a pretty slick looking rig. I hope we can all get behind him and keep encouraging him and his team to pull this off. As with most visionaries, it is a tough road. This is because they are doing something that no one has done most of the time. Once the visionary shows that it is possible, then there is a paradigm shift and what was once absurd or impossible is commonplace. We run in ruts based on our experience and what we believe is normal or possible. If a person was plucked out of history from just 200 years ago, they would find that the conflicts and wars are about the only things they would find similar to his own time. The rest of the technology, travel, food, and knowledge would all seem like magic. It would be nice to rid the world of conflict and war, but we can encourage those who are building things to improve the world. World peace is probably too much to ask.

Paul has a vision of a personal vehicle that is affordable and fun. What is not to like about that. I expect it will evolve considerably from his vision after a couple hundred thousand are on the road, but I look forward to seeing it happen. I have put as much money as I can to back him, and hope that there are a few more who will get him the rest of the way. It is a fantastic looking and inspiring machine that I look forward to driving to a lot of places.

Those are my words of encouragement to Paul and to all of us that share in his vision. Go Paul.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the title of this thread. It should be the most energetic of threads. The continued discussions on what Paul should have or should not have done, whether we should be CVT or manual, electric or ICE, or any number of other discussions is OK, but it is just each one of us spouting our own personal opinions. We all have an opinion and in my own mind, mine is the most correct. Pretty sure everyone agrees with me on that. :)

Anyway, I was surfing the internet looking for an option to add 2 wheels to the front of my motorcycle, or a kit to put a motorcycle engine in a kit. Arilea and Dave Bowers and others have spent time building their own and they look pretty impressive. As I look at others efforts on line I am brought back to how darn impressive the Elio is. The goal Paul has set is pretty high, and he has put together a pretty slick looking rig. I hope we can all get behind him and keep encouraging him and his team to pull this off. As with most visionaries, it is a tough road. This is because they are doing something that no one has done most of the time. Once the visionary shows that it is possible, then there is a paradigm shift and what was once absurd or impossible is commonplace. We run in ruts based on our experience and what we believe is normal or possible. If a person was plucked out of history from just 200 years ago, they would find that the conflicts and wars are about the only things they would find similar to his own time. The rest of the technology, travel, food, and knowledge would all seem like magic. It would be nice to rid the world of conflict and war, but we can encourage those who are building things to improve the world. World peace is probably too much to ask.

Paul has a vision of a personal vehicle that is affordable and fun. What is not to like about that. I expect it will evolve considerably from his vision after a couple hundred thousand are on the road, but I look forward to seeing it happen. I have put as much money as I can to back him, and hope that there are a few more who will get him the rest of the way. It is a fantastic looking and inspiring machine that I look forward to driving to a lot of places.

Those are my words of encouragement to Paul and to all of us that share in his vision. Go Paul.
That is inspired! We agree!

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
xtspode:
They make a kit for the conversion to 2 wheels on the front of a MC. About 10K cost. It is a slick setup. Used only for big street bikes.
IIRR right they are in Vegas.

Top Bottom