• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Weeks Tech Talk Is All About Interiors

Jeff P

Reaction score
I agree with many of you. I don't want to look at a 2 bagel dashboard. Simple needle gauges work for me, color adjustable could be a plus, but not needed at the base price. More gauges could be added to the sport package model or as an upgrade add-on later. I have an email from Elio Motors stating a trailer hitch is going to be offered as well as cruise control. Not to plug other cars, but the Toyota simple controls for wiper and A/C would also work for me.

One side note: I thought the plan was to use existing parts when ever possible.....

JN2Wheels

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lord Elgin optional dash is unbelievably horrible. To my eyes, ugly, not very functional, and some strange hybrid of not-digital/not-analog. Nasty. The fact that they would even post something like this opens the floodgates of doubt regarding all the upcoming design decisions.

On the other hand, I would absolutely need some of those options. Multiple charge ports, multiple cup holders, storage bin.
And I would want some of the others. Tablet mount, contrast stitching, painted hard panels.

One of the most key elements, again, is left untouched. Tilt/Telescope steering wheel??

Also, they mention studies of interior visibility. This is something that I am very worried about. The video posted around of the Daytona showing where the lucky guy gets in the P4 got me very worried about the size and prominence of the side pillars. I know there is a roll cage in there, but without the width of a standard front windshield, I'm afraid we will end up with two massive obstacles smack dab in needed vision cone. This is where seeing and sitting in the P4 has no substitute!

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
While I can't say I'm a fan of the proposed dash design, it's not going to dissuade me from buying the car.

Also, I see several people saying they'd prefer analog gauges. I'm pretty sure these are analog. Just imagine that the needle is a fixed point and the numbers are on a disc that spins below it. Probably just a custom faceplate on an off the shelf gauge cluster.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
. . . Also, they mention studies of interior visibility. This is something that I am very worried about. The video posted around of the Daytona showing where the lucky guy gets in the P4 got me very worried about the size and prominence of the side pillars. I know there is a roll cage in there, but without the width of a standard front windshield, I'm afraid we will end up with two massive obstacles smack dab in needed vision cone. This is where seeing and sitting in the P4 has no substitute!
I sat in the vehicle last week and found that the A pillars are of significant size, but not to the extent that I won't be able to adjust to them in my field of view. Most striking to me was the similarity to the view from the front seat of a sailplane (glider). We're all accustomed to 'tuning out' an A pillar in one side or the other of our field of vision depending on whether we're in the driver's or passenger's seat. The experience of both sides is certainly different. I'm certain that it won't take me very long to make the adjustment. The adjustment to a similar situation in the sailplane didn't take very long.

Top Bottom