• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Am I The Only Person Who Likes The Elgin Dash?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although "Nutcracker" is a bit of a funny one, because Tchaikovsky HATED it. He went out of his way to purposefully do something that was pop and commercial, trying to show how awful he thought that music was, and then it became one of his greatest hits.
Tchaikovsky may have done something that was "pop" and "commercial" for its time, but I know two things: 1) He basically ignored the source material ("Tales of Hoffman"), and 2) it's become popular because it's such a popular show piece with the dancers -- they get to show off in a way they don't usually get to do.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My favorite actor Jimmy Stewart. I just bought latest 10 hour cd set of "The Six Shooter" from Radio Spirits. Going to have fun listening to Westerns on my road trip to Shreveport for Independence Bowl. I guess in Elio I will need to put them on a stick drive for USB port.
https://archive.org/details/OTRR_The_Six_Shooter_Singles
If you have smart phone, you might be able to listen with above link, provided you have connection the entire trip. I just listened to "The coward". Was so cool hearing Floyd The Barber. Glad I found this radio show. Thanks.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://archive.org/details/OTRR_The_Six_Shooter_Singles
If you have smart phone, you might be able to listen with above link, provided you have connection the entire trip. I just listened to "The coward". Was so cool hearing Floyd The Barber. Glad I found this radio show. Thanks.
Thanks Baldguy(me too, just a little fringe on the sides). One of these days I might get a smart phone. I just have a cheap cell phone that I think can take pictures. I got it after renters next door smashed my fender and gave me a bogus insurance card. They skipped out of the rent house(left deposit) before I could confront them about it. Live and learn I say. My deductible was too large, so repair was out-of-pocket. I think I might be interested in the Elio option where cameras activate when vehicle is disturbed.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Baldguy(me too, just a little fringe on the sides). One of these days I might get a smart phone. I just have a cheap cell phone that I think can take pictures. I got it after renters next door smashed my fender and gave me a bogus insurance card. They skipped out of the rent house(left deposit) before I could confront them about it. Live and learn I say. My deductible was too large, so repair was out-of-pocket. I think I might be interested in the Elio option where cameras activate when vehicle is disturbed.
If you don't use your cell phone a lot, there is a great deal through Consumer Cellular. I get the basic plan and it's $35 a month (plus tax) for two lines of service, no contract, and you can change your plan at any time. If you get a plan with higher allowances that you won't use for the month, they don't charge you for the unused time; they only charge for what you use. I've had the plan for almost 2 years and have never had a problem. I used to be a Verizon user but never again after the way they treated me (but I hear they abuse all their customers).

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you don't use your cell phone a lot, there is a great deal through Consumer Cellular. I get the basic plan and it's $35 a month (plus tax) for two lines of service, no contract, and you can change your plan at any time. If you get a plan with higher allowances that you won't use for the month, they don't charge you for the unused time; they only charge for what you use. I've had the plan for almost 2 years and have never had a problem. I used to be a Verizon user but never again after the way they treated me (but I hear they abuse all their customers).

Another option, if you do decide to move to a smartphone, is Freedompop. I pay about $21 a month for unlimited talk and text + some other bells and whistles, but they have plans as cheap as *free* for some phones. The free service is very limited (poor call quality, no voicemail, etc) but would be great for an emergency cell phone that you can basically just throw into your glovebox and forget about. They let you pay for exactly which features you want, and don't make you pay for features you will never use.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Another option, if you do decide to move to a smartphone, is Freedompop. I pay about $21 a month for unlimited talk and text + some other bells and whistles, but they have plans as cheap as *free* for some phones. The free service is very limited (poor call quality, no voicemail, etc) but would be great for an emergency cell phone that you can basically just throw into your glovebox and forget about. They let you pay for exactly which features you want, and don't make you pay for features you will never use.
That's the one thing I haven't run into a problem with; Consumer Cellular runs on the AT&T network; you do have to either have a phone that will take a chip or buy one from them at some pretty good prices. I picked up a Samsung (Android) Rugby for $150.00; yes it's a Smart phone, but it's a rugged duty phone; you can drop it from 4 feet up (I have a few times) and it's waterproof to 3 meters (pool depth). I like having the chip, when I want to change phones, I take the chip out, and just stick it in another phone; tah dah new phone with all of your information already on it (plus it backs up to Google Cloud for free).

DJL

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thumbs up for FreedomPop here! I started out with their hotspots 3-4 years ago and upgraded to their BYOD phone service when it launched about two years ago. It's not ideal for everyone but for me it's perfect. I used to pay about $1,000/yr. Now I pay about $70/yr.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thumbs up for FreedomPop here! I started out with their hotspots 3-4 years ago and upgraded to their BYOD phone service when it launched about two years ago. It's not ideal for everyone but for me it's perfect. I used to pay about $1,000/yr. Now I pay about $70/yr.
Whose network are they running on?

Top Bottom