• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Be Careful What You Wish For.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that you have to experience that cruise control install for $2,000. Almost all dealership charges more for any kind of service and car owners are generally afraid that they will void the warranty even if the job can be done more reasonably outside of the dealer so they will pay the price. The Elio Motor's way of upgrading should be a more pleasant experience (I hope) for the owner because it's a pick and choose your options so you only pay what you want.
Cruise for my truck was $150 install, and $350 for the part. I don't want to feel the pain of needing a $250 option, and getting stuck with $2000 more worth of garbage..

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim:

I hate to inform you of this, but you are one. I don't qualify, but get lumped in with them any time the various dastardly governments want to trim spending, and increase taxes. I was born in 1944 and should be classified as a "war baby". The baby boomers came post-WWII. The war babies are said to handle their finances differently than those born either during the depression, or those from the post-war "baby boomer" eras due to our parents's exposure to having been raised during the depression.

Don't know if there's anything to it, or not.

Be good, young'n

wr
Avards.just to clarify I was born Jan 45 so I am not a boomer, just another old war baby. <LOL

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People wishing for more standard options, are like people on the other side imposing unwanted taxes on the people who can’t afford them. I just purchased a new 2013 Chevy Sonic, Chevy taxed me $2,000.00 for a $250.00 part. All I wanted was a basic form of transportation to go back and forth to work. The drive is all most an hour. In order for me to get cruse control, a $250.00 part, I had to pay for the next package up and get a bunch of crap I did not need or want even though all the cruse requirements were pre wired into package 1 except for the turn signal setup.

I hope at a minimum, they pre wire in some options so you can add on after you purchase the basic package and not force someone else to buy it.

I for one can’t do without curise, however I’m more than willing to add this on after I get it home. We may get all these options and changes at first, just to appease everyone. I’m 100% sure they are eating more of their profit margin now than they want to. This only means the price will go up for the ones behind us. Our kids. Their mission should be to design a highly upgradeable, extremely basic form of transportation at a fair price to company and customer both. JMO.
Exactly the same situation with my new Chevy Cruz...

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a "boomer", or an old fart, or grumpy old man, or well, let's just say I've been around for a day or two. Which means I have enough experience to be able to drive a manual transmission, go without cruise control, or A/C or power windows, or tunes,,,,,however, that also means that I may choose not to do without an auto trans, tunes, air, etc.. The trans and air will most likely be in my new Elio when I get it, the rest I can add on my own.

In other words, I don't give a hoot how old you are or what you want in your Elio, I'll get mine the way I want and you get yours the way you want AND we'll all be happy, happy, happy!!!

Triggs

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am a "boomer", or an old fart, or grumpy old man, or well, let's just say I've been around for a day or two. Which means I have enough experience to be able to drive a manual transmission, go without cruise control, or A/C or power windows, or tunes,,,,,however, that also means that I may choose not to do without an auto trans, tunes, air, etc.. The trans and air will most likely be in my new Elio when I get it, the rest I can add on my own.

In other words, I don't give a hoot how old you are or what you want in your Elio, I'll get mine the way I want and you get yours the way you want AND we'll all be happy, happy, happy!!!
Im with you on this,get it like you like it.
Ive never liked going into a car lot to buy a new car first off being a female they think they can put something over on you, tell you one thing then go talk to a manager or some crap about getting the price lower just for you, BS. they are not trust worthy, car salesmen remind me of the old snake oil salesman that would come around to the frontier camps (no im not that old but my grandma was, she would tell me stories) i hope EM does a better job and just cuts the BS.
I would like mine orange please and my other one green.
Have a great day my Elio family.

Top Bottom