• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Closer Look At The E1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Realistically, I would say 1st or 2nd quarter of 2018. LOTS of work left to do until the Elio factory is tooled up and Elio's start production on the assembly line..
Anyone that knows me, know I don't work in the theoretical, I work in reality. Q4 production does start with the 100, but they haven't yet finished the E1 series and I'm not sure if they've started the E2 series yet (18 cars). Then the 100 would start. December 2016 is only a week away...

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio in a nutshell...
IMG_7761.PNG

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The front wheel cover sit higher than previous covers
View attachment 11861

If you notice, you can see more of the tire and rim now; should make it a lot less prone to being "curbed" this way.

The front suspension has gone through some "beefing up" on the lower end; you can see that in this shot:

View attachment 11862

It appears to be more open on the body side than the P5.

And don't you love the high tech method of attaching the brake line and wire for the TPMS ;)
Yes, thank the automotive gods for wire ties :p

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You make a good point which I don't think I've recognized myself. As I mentioned, I have not been happy with the answers Jerome was giving. I think it's because, as you've point out, this could very well just be considered the P6. I have noticed that this is the E1-c. What is the 1 for? Elio appears to have just changed the name of the P series to E series. Initially, I believed that a lot more would have been finalized in the E series. Maybe the E2's which will be at the show next year will be close to the final units...

I think others that have expressed in Elio (and then get attacked for having a different opinion) are seeing the same thing. Elio is spinning wheels on "busy work" while Paul hopes to find the motherload of funding. Is there a single person who would choose not to buy and Elio if the gas was on the other side, the Elgin dash was used, the emblem wasn't pretty on the stearing wheel, the headlights weren't LED, the trunk latch wasn't robust,... My 1st post said it appeared there was poor project management. It may just be there is no funding to get the project done and the workers are just doing busy work.
"Busy work?" I respect your right to hold a different opinion. My experience with engineering projects is that no one other than an insider would really know. I seriously doubt that a project filled with 'busy work' would hold the interest of the officials of this effort with the credentials they hold and the first line vendor partners.
You know that worlds-tallest water slide, the one on which the boy was killed? It opened one year late due to design concerns. One year. No ABS, no air bags, no Federal rules, no suspension system, no HVAC.... And it was bolted to the ground. I am willing to believe that at EM there are real engineers doing real, serious work. I cannot imagine PE paying engineers to do busy work. I believe these guys are driven. And if they ever give themselves a coffee break, they are still thinking of how to make this baby the best ever.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the end of WW2 there were a lot of people who just couldn't believe that Hitler was actually dead, he had been such an overwhelming presence in their lives for so long. I think I'm a bit like that when it comes to the Elgin dash, I'll believe it's gone when I hear Paul Elio say it is.

Last edited:

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the end of WW2 there were a lot of people who just couldn't believe that Hitler was actually dead, he had been such an overwhelming presence in their lives for so long. I think I'm a bit like that when it comes to the Elgin dash, I'll believe it's gone when I hear Paul Elio say it is.
I think you just compared the Elgin to Hitler....hmm. The "people's car" is better without both of them.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please reread the post. I'm not sure if you read it correctly and I am not sure how to respond.

I re-read your post, and you are right, I misunderstood what you were saying. :sorry:
I guess I was a bit distracted by your unreasonable view of "engineers".

By the way... EM had been "audited" in the recent past and , as I recall, the results were satisfactory.

Last edited:

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Busy work? What is busy work? The most critical part of a project like this is the part that's not done yet. No matter how small the part or procedure is it all has to be done before the vehicle is ready for production. If you don't have the funds or resources to take care of the big stuff then hit the little stuff hot & heavy. There is no busy work because it all has to be done eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom