• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Drivers View?

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that will be influenced by the "driver's perspective", no pun intended. Individual drivers will perceive that view differently. I have been driving my car for 13 1/2 years and have recently noticed my blind spot in back is getting bigger so I have to be that much more aware. I suspect that is definitely due to age. Obviously the spot itself has not changed but my perception of it has. I am also more aware of other drivers who find that blind spot and stay there. They were passing me so why did they "stop in for a visit" in a spot I can't see them in? Go figure! LOL :) Z
Elio mentioned an adjustable height seat and tilt steering wheel so everyone should have good view out the windshield.. Seems the pillars are quite the blind spot on this car too not sure how I feel about that yet..

Ray

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
When I sat in the Elio I realized the A-pillars are no bigger than on my Honda Civic. They just look a bit odd due to how narrow the windshield is. I did not see any real visibility issues after sitting in it in person and believe this is really something you have to see to understand.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
When I sat in the Elio I was well aware that the A Pillars were even less of a safety issue than in many vehicles I have driven and especially my truck because they are not placed out where they block my view of cars that are almost 90degrees to me and on a side street trying to get onto the street I am on.

Thanks, good explanation. For me it has been a bit difficult to explain that the seating position plays a huge factor as you are seated in the center of a very narrow vehicle so you have excellent visibility to the sides while still being able to clearly see the lane in front of you.

Msyko

Reaction score
CAM00281.jpg

I also thought the side view mirrors where a little on the small size, they where more like a motorcycle mirror. What I didn't like about looking out the front glass was the angle of the glass, being narrow was ok, but the angle of the glass is something that will take getting used to.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 504
I also thought the side view mirrors where a little on the small size, they where more like a motorcycle mirror. What I didn't like about looking out the front glass was the angle of the glass, being narrow was ok, but the angle of the glass is something that will take getting used to.
Nice picture. Thanks for including it. :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 504
Looks like the dash is 3 ft. deep.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the photograph it seems the A-pillars are really thick with large blindspots, how was it really from a driver's perspective?
I was wondering the same thing. Someone should take a panoramic shot from inside. Where are my camera experts? I'll take one but I won't be near a show till the October balloon festival showing.

Top Bottom