• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the successful side-crush tests conducted by PMG Testing Labs in Quebec, the SOLO withstood 20,617 lb of force applied to the vehicle door, as compared to the minimum 2,977 lb required. "I am proud to announce such incredibly positive results from the SOLO's side-crush testing as part of the Canadian certification process," said Jerry Kroll, CEO and Founder of #ElectraMeccanica.
http://ow.ly/GQJP30mgXkz

44269448_1914704735290754_3807249394189729792_o.jpg
Thanks Elio Amazed for posting this latest info. Feels good to know that they went above and beyond what's required for driver safety. This feels really good as future owner. Makes sense, Electra Meccanica opened their first store here in the USA not to just DISPLAY their SOLOs, I think they're going for the home run and start delivering production units to reservation holders. I can't wait to see if America is ready to embrace this single passenger, 3wheeler EV vehicle. If proved successful, it'll only benefit us as these big car companies follow suit with their own version.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the successful side-crush tests conducted by PMG Testing Labs in Quebec, the SOLO withstood 20,617 lb of force applied to the vehicle door, as compared to the minimum 2,977 lb required. "I am proud to announce such incredibly positive results from the SOLO's side-crush testing as part of the Canadian certification process," said Jerry Kroll, CEO and Founder of #ElectraMeccanica.

Hey Dale, I noticed Joe received delivery of his Red SOLO. Do you know if the member back on your former Solo Forum (can’t remember his name) received delivery of his Red Signature Series SOLO #13?

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That's impressive. Wish I had the values of other cars to compare.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Dale, I noticed Joe received delivery of his Red SOLO. Do you know if the member back on your former Solo Forum (can’t remember his name) received delivery of his Red Signature Series SOLO #13?
Apparently Joe was moved to the front of the line. Probably for number of reasons.
Not the least of which is that he resides in California. The EMV FB post says this is the 1st US retail delivery.
Joe's racking up a lot of firsts. The first SAM in the US and now this. He also has premium cars in his stable including a Tesla.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently Joe was moved to the front of the line. Probably for number of reasons.
Not the least of which is that he resides in California. The EMV FB post says this is the 1st US retail delivery.
Joe's racking up a lot of firsts. The first SAM in the US and now this. He also has premium cars in his stable including a Tesla.
Thanks. The other reservationist lived in Canada and was one of the earliest adopters with his Sig Series SOLO #13 reservation. He was excited to take delivery of Red well over a year ago. So much for Kroll’s personal value of reservation numbers and regards for reservationists.

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're not missing anything CE with your Chevy BOLT! Wish I can afford it.....:(

Don't own a Bolt.
Still have an Toyota beater.... (poor thing is on its last leg)
I go back and fourth on what car will be next. I'll decide for sure (?) after the new year....
Or when the beater finally gives out.
(come on baby... hold out just a little bit longer)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't own a Bolt.
Still have an Toyota beater.... (poor thing is on its last leg)
I go back and fourth on what car will be next. I'll decide for sure (?) after the new year....
Or when the beater finally gives out.
(come on baby... hold out just a little bit longer)
My mistake CE. I knew we have a member that owns one. We're on the same boat, still holding on to my used 2004 Honda CRV(had 167k miles on it when I bought it) now with 196K. Still runs good though. I'm hoping to get a SOLO soon and use the Honda just sparingly.

Top Bottom