• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio... Cult Like Following? The Next "harley Type Following?"

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sort of cult-likeo_O ?

EMI is closer to a modern Jim Jones. I think Mr. Paul Elio is a very good engineer for his area of specialty: car seating. Jerome is a classic snake oil salesman and carnival barker who somehow sweet talks otherwise seemingly discerning, truth-seeking people who *should* have the age and wisdom to not follow packs of obvious lies.

Cultish, indeed.
Kinda going all snarky on us there, Snark............I mean Snick.
Jim Jones?
You didn't accidentally get into some antifreeze or something did you? It's not the same color as Kool-aid but it will sure cause you to make lousy and non linear comparisons . LOL

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sort of cult-likeo_O ?

EMI is closer to a modern Jim Jones. I think Mr. Paul Elio is a very good engineer for his area of specialty: car seating. Jerome is a classic snake oil salesman and carnival barker who somehow sweet talks otherwise seemingly discerning, truth-seeking people who *should* have the age and wisdom to not follow packs of obvious lies.

Cultish, indeed.
Funniest post of the day!

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sort of cult-likeo_O ?

Cultish, indeed.
Okay. I'll bite....

I never meant to use the word cultish to lead or imply the Elio group is a "cultish" manipulating weird bunch of control sadistic freaks like Jim Jones organization. I don't appreciate you trying to make that connection as such either. Maybe it is my bad for using cult in this context.

Your thoughts seem to be twisted. I'm not sure why you feel the needed to post disparaging comments and personal attacks without any substantiated facts. If you do not like the idea or what Paul Elio's group is doing then don't make a deposit, read, or otherwise post very subjective nasty comments. Why are you part of this group as an Elio owner?

You have a right to your opinion but I believe this site is for those who are in favor and have faith in Paul Elio and his team. I don't believe this is a place or is it needed. Feel free to post facts and provide references to information that may lead you to believe such illegal activity, personal traits and character. If you feel there is a con going on then contact the police or FBI. Otherwise keep you nasty subjective comments to yourself.

You could start a hate web page so all the people with nasty thoughts and comments can feed off each other. I personally do not need to be "saved" from the Elio group. Again, why do you feel the need to do this? This is a rhetorical question. Please don't post on this thread more nasty stuff. There are three post in reference to your comment. Please no more.

Last edited:

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay. I'll bite....

I never meant to use the word cultish to lead or imply the Elio group is a "cultish" manipulating weird bunch of control sadistic freaks like Jim Jones organization. I don't appreciate you trying to make that connection as such either. Maybe it is my bad for using cult in this context.

Your thoughts seem to be twisted. I'm not sure why you feel the needed to post disparaging comments and personal attacks without any substantiated facts. If you do not like the idea or what Paul Elio's group is doing then don't make a deposit, read, or otherwise post very subjective nasty comments. Why are you part of this group as an Elio owner?

You have a right to your opinion but I believe this site is for those who are in favor and have faith in Paul Elio and his team. I don't believe this is a place or is it needed. Feel free to post facts and provide references to information that may lead you to believe such illegal activity, personal traits and character. If you feel there is a con going on then contact the police or FBI. Otherwise keep you nasty subjective comments to yourself.

You could start a hate web page so all the people with nasty thoughts and comments can feed off each other. I personally do not need to be "saved" from the Elio group. Again, why do you feel the need to do this? This is a rhetorical question. Please don't post on this thread more nasty stuff. There is three post in reference to your comment. Please no more.

Cache Man gettin his freak on!

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just wondering (off subject)... When there is a squishy critter (road kill) in the road I usually straddle it in my car if it is in the center or move to a side if along the side. A motorcycle can easily go around with out going in the dirt or other lane. With the Elio, the only chance is if it is on the side. Otherwise the rear tire will hit it. I bet there will be a few stinky Elios from hitting dead skunks until we get accustom to the wheel configuration.

:eek:= Realizing you hit the skunk
:confused:= Starting to smell the skunk
:mad:= Wondering how you are going to get the smell off your Elio! Ha!
Well then it would be over tenderized road kill, saves beating it witht he hammer. :)
But really, I have a spider and avoiding potholes, and roadkill is not that bad and the spider rear tire is 2 or so inches wider than the Elio rear tire. You get a feel for where the tire is and in acutality, you are driving directly in front of the rear wheel so you have an excellent estimation on where the item is....

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see us all getting together including Snick with our Elios and laughing about all the wasted time worrying about things we couldn't control or all the crazy thing that were said. All in our "Elio gang" or "group" (cult is not a good word I guess)... And just enjoying life... (is that a little too sappy?)

There is enough junk in this world to deal with. Why create more. I feel it is better to look for the good. But also be wise. Paul Elio has been very up front and I have never seen so much transparency in to the workings of a start-up company. We need not try to find fault.

Isn't it great to be making all the cyber friendships! One day we will get together!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see us all getting together including Snick with our Elios and laughing about all the wasted time worrying about things we couldn't control or all the crazy thing that e said. All in our "Elio gang" or "group" (cult is not a good word I guess)... And just enjoying life... (is that a little too sappy?)

There is enough junk in this world to deal with. Why create more. I feel it is better to look for the good. But also be wise. Paul Elio has been very up front and I have never seen so much transparency in to the workings of a start-up company. We need not try to find fault.

Isn't it great to be making all the cyber friendships! One day we will get together!
Cache Man, Cult is a fine word to use! We knew your meaning, even Snick. I'd rather be a member of a Cult than a gang.

Cult........a group of people that have an excessive admiration for a person (Elio) or a thing (Elio).

Last edited:

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the original question, I'm not sure there is a valid comparison. Harley Davidson is a product of the most successful marketing campaign in history. They set out to market an image and 'lifestyle'' and there happened to be a product that went with it. And to this day people buy in droves. I'm not sure it's cult-like, but there is certainly un-dying brand-loyalty there, both with owners and those who just buy the T-shirt or coffee mug in hopes of a little 'Harley-awesomeness' rubbing off onto their otherwise un-Harley lifestyle.
Elio, on the other hand has not really set any advertising direction that I'm aware of. Yet. The people who want one are all over the socioeconomic map, as are the reasons for wanting one. But there is already a following of loyal, consumer-ready people just waiting to get their hands on the product. How often is such a large group of people persuaded to put money up front for a product that hasn't ever been built? We're not entirely sure exactly what the final product will look like, what the specs will ultimately be, or how it even handles on the road. The delivery date remains rather fluid and elusive, and there is always the possibility-which-shall-not-be-spoken looming in the background. But in so far as the folks on this forum are an example, the early adopters of the Elio vision tend to be ardent and even aggressive defenders of the shared dream of Elio-nirvana, even to the point of unquestioning faith and support for Paul Elio and his autocycle vision.
So, while Harley Davidson essentially is selling you 'coolness' and the unmitigated envy of all those un-Harley around you, all with the mere stroke of a checkbook, there may be something even more cult-like to us Elio fanatics, as can be attested by the singed edges of anyone who has posted any less-than-enthusiastic questions or comments.
(Yes, I know I'm gonna catch hell from BOTH groups for that...... :-))

Top Bottom