• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tv Commercials?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Or maybe one of those 30 minute, late-night TV infomercials. "Buy now! Just 70 easy payments of $99.99*

*Shipping, Handling, Taxes, License, Registration, Insurance and Fees Not Included. Additional Options shown. Professional Driver on closed course. Your Milage May Vary. See Store for details. Batteries not included. Ask your Doctor if Elio is right for you.

LOL

"And if you order NOW, you can get a 2nd Elio free! Just pay handling, processing, shipping, taxes, license, registration, fees, and other things that we'll think of when you call."

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose there is that. Tesla doesn't advertise at all, yet they sell every car they make. I predict the same will be true of Elio. Between the trade magezines, Consumer Reports, and all the other hype, I'm sure Paul will have no problem selling dreams.
Careful what you hope for C.R. just dropped Tesla from their #1 spot. For many, CR is the wholly Grail, and I seriously think that the Elio, as much as I will love it, should C R give it a Pinto review, sales will, (for a segment of the folks,) be a deal breaker. I still don't see it getting a five star crash rating, after watching some Tube vids of cars, However, I'm convinced that if C R were to publish C.R.. Motorcycles the E would come out #1

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, it's Friday's blog- what-ya think? additional pics of P5??
(for those who think there will be a correlation of sales determined by gas prices (not me) gas as gone up a few cents this week.)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the blog will be a "we're on our way to Old L.A," with about zero information. Unless they're announcing the winners of the music competition instead (now that would be interesting -- I thought Kate Martin's first "finalist" piece (the perky one) was just perfect.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Careful what you hope for C.R. just dropped Tesla from their #1 spot. For many, CR is the wholly Grail, and I seriously think that the Elio, as much as I will love it, should C R give it a Pinto review, sales will, (for a segment of the folks,) be a deal breaker. I still don't see it getting a five star crash rating, after watching some Tube vids of cars, However, I'm convinced that if C R were to publish C.R.. Motorcycles the E would come out #1
I see that EM has dropped the anticipated 5 star safety rating from some of their marketing info:
image.jpeg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I see that EM has dropped the anticipated 5 star safety rating from some of their marketing info:
View attachment 7510

as best I can recall, the statement below was put in place sometime last year

"Must-have 2: Uncompromised Safety
Elio is engineered to the highest safety standards. Each Elio comes equipped with a Safety Management System that includes three airbags – a reinforced roll-cage frame, Anti-Lock Braking System, and 50% larger crush zones than similar vehicles."

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is pure speculation, but maybe they're getting pushback from the crash testing agencies?

I could see the small and medium offset tests being a risk to damage their test fixtures. Just clipping one wheel would likely take that wheel off without slowing the rest of the vehicle down much.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is pure speculation, but maybe they're getting pushback from the crash testing agencies?

I could see the small and medium offset tests being a risk to damage their test fixtures. Just clipping one wheel would likely take that wheel off without slowing the rest of the vehicle down much.
Crash testers I don't think could give a busted lightbulb's hoot, they'll get paid, (like stockbrokers) no matter the outcomes.

Thanks to those of you, who can analyze and interpret "subtle shift disclousurers"

Top Bottom