• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tv Commercials?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect and lot of people will want to ask me about my new Elio, especially the first year. Some times I won't really have time to talk with them and other times I will be able to take a moment to tell them about it. Either way they will want info about the car. Problem is; most have short memories....

This gave me an idea about advertising the Elio. For what it's worth..... if I were in charge at Elio every new car we delivered would come with a stack of "business cards". These would have basic info about the Elio including the web site address. Owners can give one of these cards to every stranger who wants to know about their Elio, and, unless I miss my guess, it will result in Elio making a ton of sales. What a sweet deal for Elio, thousands of people passing out advertising for them and the cool part is they don't have to pay anyone to do it. :fish2:
About a year ago someone had the idea of putting a static-cling decal on the trunk saying "I'm an Elio, eliomotors.com"

Another suggestion was to have the business cards in a magnetic holder -- but alas, the car is plastic!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
for a few well placed bucks to get J D Powers to give it "The highest rating for initial looks".,"Best New three Wheel autocycle"
the ever popular, Initial "7 color award- only three stars (no yellow,) " Highest 5 Star rating for three wheel Vehicles" -- Seems J D got himself a great gig, giving out "awards"

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More likely they're getting pushback from their legal team. We're rapidly approaching a production vehicle. P5 will be taken around the country like the P4 is today, and I don't think many of the E-series will be seen outside the factory and maybe some YouTube videos. If they keep advertising "5-star safety" and suddenly can't deliver it, you have the potential for some nasty lawsuits.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanham_Act
False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising, and misrepresentation of the product at hand, which may negatively affect many stakeholders, especially consumers. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. Truth refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

False advertising, in the most blatant of contexts, is illegal in most countries. However, advertisers still find ways to deceive consumers in ways that are legal, or technically illegal but unenforceable.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanham_Act
False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising, and misrepresentation of the product at hand, which may negatively affect many stakeholders, especially consumers. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. Truth refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

False advertising, in the most blatant of contexts, is illegal in most countries. However, advertisers still find ways to deceive consumers in ways that are legal, or technically illegal but unenforceable.
My point: since there is no product at hand, there is no false advertising.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My point: since there is no product at hand, there is no false advertising.
Technically, since 2008 there has been a Hello Elio marketing and advertising campaign making claims about price, mpg, safety, and proudly made in the USA statements to solicit reservation deposits. Of course these marketing claims aren't deceptive and or guaranteed, but obviously 'persuasive' and a highly successful advertising campaign reeling in some 47,000 + reservationists to date. EM has a marketing department or perhaps is a marketing startup business because as you say there is no product to sell.

I chose the lowest refundable deposit because there is NO guarantee period, even on the refund. No whining because it is what it is and those sneak peaks of the red hot P5 look to guarantee a P5 unveil milestone. However, there are many more successful milestones required.

If EM starts to back off on safety claims, decide against crash testing, or crash testing doesn't verify a reasonable 3-5 star rating it will negatively impact future sales. Many reservationists will be disappointed because they anticipated the anticipated 5 star standard of safety. Many are saying that EM should guarantee the anticipated $6800 base price for the early adopters to maintain their credibility. That logic says EM should guarantee ALL their advertising claims including safety which isn't realistic nor should be expected.

Consumers want affordable vehicles that are reasonably safe. Worst case scenario, the Elio will be the safest motorcycle on the road, but EM's anticipated sales may not be as brisk in the USA market.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Safety, real, demonstrable safety,will be critical for the success of the Elio. Elio can't fudge this; they have to hammer on it, repeatedly. The have to be the Volvo of ultra-light cars. As I said before, there is not an exact set of existing tests which will apply to Elio, largely because of the 3-wheel configuration. They are working with the Feds to come up with a standard to be tested against, but without the Autocycle bill being enacted, that's a tough row to hoe. They may have to come with an equivalent set of standards. But not to worry, they are not going to back away from safety. It remains a commitment, I am sure.

Top Bottom