• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tv Commercials?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is pure speculation, but maybe they're getting pushback from the crash testing agencies?
More likely they're getting pushback from their legal team. We're rapidly approaching a production vehicle. P5 will be taken around the country like the P4 is today, and I don't think many of the E-series will be seen outside the factory and maybe some YouTube videos. If they keep advertising "5-star safety" and suddenly can't deliver it, you have the potential for some nasty lawsuits.

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More likely they're getting pushback from their legal team. We're rapidly approaching a production vehicle. P5 will be taken around the country like the P4 is today, and I don't think many of the E-series will be seen outside the factory and maybe some YouTube videos. If they keep advertising "5-star safety" and suddenly can't deliver it, you have the potential for some nasty lawsuits.
Anyone know how the 5-star safety would be different from a 4 star or a 3 star?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5 of the E series are reserved for marketing and test drives.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lawsuits aren't the problem unless they actually make that claim for a production vehicle and can't deliver it. The real issue is convincing the public that this vehicle is really, really safe. The five-star rating is a convenient way of doing that because it SOUNDS terrific -- the public has for the most part no clue as to what that rating actually includes or does. So Elio's challenge is, in the absence of safety standards for auto cycles, how to gin up something that LOOKS as ironclad as "five star safety rating" but isn't ACTUALLY 5-star etc, because the standards for cars and motorcycles are completely different and there are no federal test programs for motorcycles or auto cycles.

This is a conundrum for EM, so I don't doubt they're backing off the actual language until they can work out a safety testing program that has teeth and will be convincing to the public.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A further thought -- I hope they film the heck out of whatever crash testing protocol they use, because nothing will convince the public like a dummy "walking away" from a head-on crash. Or side-impact crash for that matter. Make those dummies life-like, dress them up in JC Penney clothes, and have a smile painted on their plastic little faces. Program to wave a hand or something at the end of the test... so long as it looks like these lovely little beings are alive and well at the end of the crash.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect and lot of people will want to ask me about my new Elio, especially the first year. Some times I won't really have time to talk with them and other times I will be able to take a moment to tell them about it. Either way they will want info about the car. Problem is; most have short memories....

This gave me an idea about advertising the Elio. For what it's worth..... if I were in charge at Elio every new car we delivered would come with a stack of "business cards". These would have basic info about the Elio including the web site address. Owners can give one of these cards to every stranger who wants to know about their Elio, and, unless I miss my guess, it will result in Elio making a ton of sales. What a sweet deal for Elio, thousands of people passing out advertising for them and the cool part is they don't have to pay anyone to do it. :fish2:

PipSquack

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I plan on putting a sticker with a QR Code on the windows pointing to the EM web page

Attachments

• What is it.gif
    What is it.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 194

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL

"And if you order NOW, you can get a 2nd Elio free! Just pay handling, processing, shipping, taxes, license, registration, fees, and other things that we'll think of when you call."
You forgot the part:

"operator are standing by to take your order."

Top Bottom