• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Thing To Customize?

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the fender lights to show the true width at night- If they were driving lights they would turn w/ the wheels like a Tucker or Citroen. I'm not sure if thats legal in the US though - yet? I'll go with window tint, stereo system, holster and the fender lights- I'll find out if they're legal or not pretty quickly.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first wifes younger brother hit a white tail doe at about 70 on an early 70's CB350. Not pretty. Hard to describe what a person looks like after passing through a deer. Surprisingly he only had minor injuries. Had a decent helmet and the deer absorbed most of tbe energy.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doing three things for sure.

Tint for the windows, at least the little amount allowed here in Iowa for the front glass. Then...

color3.jpg

And something similar to this...

lights.jpg

Look at the intake, exhaust tubing! It's already set up for a turbo! Probably a simple bolt on. But how much $ ?

We have already been officially told that the motor that IAV is engineering for the Elio will not be capable of running with a turbo. The parts just won't be able to handle the added power. So the turbo crowd here will have to either transplant another engine in or wait for a future model that can do a turbo.

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have already been officially told that the motor that IAV is engineering for the Elio will not be capable of running with a turbo. The parts just won't be able to handle the added power. So the turbo crowd here will have to either transplant another engine in or wait for a future model that can do a turbo.

This. Running a turbo has little to do with the exhaust/intake routing, but more about internals and compression ratio, the lower the better. I am unsure if we have numbers from Elio regarding this, but beyond that I wouldn't expect stock internals to handle it as they really need to be forged to be running forced induction in a safe matter, whether it be a turbo or s/c. Besides, an Elio with a turbo would be about as quick as a V6 Mustang at best so what's the point?

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As far as the idea of gun sights or stripes to let you know where the rear wheel is...how about your butt?! You are sitting right in line with the tire so I really don't see the need for anything more.

Unless you have room to go around it, you should aim to just miss the obstacle with the inside of your front tire, and provided it isn't too wide, you should miss with the rear. Not going to work 100% of the time, but i really doubt anyone will actually benefit from some sort of markings, etc. If you have the reaction time to line up your sights, then you probably have the skill to avoid the obstacle without anything but instincts.

My first mod will probably be stereo, then we will see about exhaust...got some Harley pipes laying around. lol

CaptainMorgan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'll do window tinting, cruise control, stereo upgrade with Bluetooth - I have the Beats Audio app on my phone and it is fabulous!, fender lights, fog lights in front, and possibly some engine mods if it's too sluggish. I'll sacrifice a few mpg's to get more bhp's!

Top Bottom