• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

For The Dog Lovers Here

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I never liked dogs. Had a few while raising my children but never really liked them. I worked long hours and didn't like coming home to the mess. That was my past life. Today, I have two little dogs. My Father In-law went into the hospital for a knee replacement three years ago and I volunteered to keep his dog, Tippy. Tippy was NOT housebroken and was a runner. I had to keep him tied to my ankle at all times for about six weeks. At night he slept in a basket next to my bed and tied to the bed table. I got him almost broke by the time I had to return him. I complained to my neighbor that I missed Tippy and she told me to adopt another because indeed we have a bad drug problem in the area. We are all scared. So, I adopted Heidi. She is a retired Amish puppy mill mother. VERY well trained with no bad habits except she tends to beat up other mothers (cats & rabbits mostly) and steal their babies. She makes milk for her new babies and raises them into pets that I have to find homes for. Dad has been in and out of the hospital several times since then and Tippy comes here. Well, this time the family has decided that Tippy can only go home for visits now, since the old man is not able to care for himself let alone the dog. So ... now I have two. Heidi and I are best friends and the two of us put up with Tippy. Tippy is here beside me as I read all your stories and write this. Heidi is snoring on the next sofa. I still don't like dogs, but these two are special.

Reaction score
Dad read on line somewhere (or he thinks he read it on line) that raw beef burger was a good diet for dogs. Tippy has been eating it for over two and a half years. He developed beautiful fur, gained weight (inactivity) and developed very bad breath. Well, the poor thing now has a bad heart and rotten teeth. He is going to have operation Friday morning to clean and remove teeth. He will be knocked out. He still has a bad heart and might not wake up. But, it must be done. Poison from teeth cause bad breath and bad health. If he wakes up his little heart might heal. (Tippy is the blonde trans-gender in front.)
Tippy front dressed.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dad read on line somewhere (or he thinks he read it on line) that raw beef burger was a good diet for dogs. Tippy has been eating it for over two and a half years. He developed beautiful fur, gained weight (inactivity) and developed very bad breath. Well, the poor thing now has a bad heart and rotten teeth. He is going to have operation Friday morning to clean and remove teeth. He will be knocked out. He still has a bad heart and might not wake up. But, it must be done. Poison from teeth cause bad breath and bad health. If he wakes up his little heart might heal. (Tippy is the blonde trans-gender in front.)
View attachment 7415
Sad. Tippy is a cool looking dog.

Homemade dog food is better than processed dog foods. There is a ground beef recipe that is convenient to make and an excellent food choice, but it is a recipe that contains some other ingredients mixed up into meatballs, portioned for the dogs size and calorie needs, and frozen for convenient use. That diet also calls for a specific vitamin supplement along with the food. Tippy gained weight because of to much food for the amount of activity. I have the same problem with my diet.

They say scheduled (yearly) teeth cleaning is the best thing to do for your dogs over all health and of course diet.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sad. Tippy is a cool looking dog.

Homemade dog food is better than processed dog foods. There is a ground beef recipe that is convenient to make and an excellent food choice, but it is a recipe that contains some other ingredients mixed up into meatballs, portioned for the dogs size and calorie needs, and frozen for convenient use. That diet also calls for a specific vitamin supplement along with the food. Tippy gained weight because of to much food for the amount of activity. I have the same problem with my diet.

They say scheduled (yearly) teeth cleaning is the best thing to do for your dogs over all health and of course diet.

Our pug, Iggy, gets a diet of either boiled ground chuck meatballs (very small) or boiled chicken breast, rotated week to week. She [wife] adds it to some Rachel Ray's dry dog food and sprinkles it with a little shredded sharp cheddar cheese....He'll just sit there and look at you funny with his head cocked to the side until the cheese goes on. Hmmm...yeah, I think she spoiled him. :rolleyes:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Our pug, Iggy, gets a diet of either boiled ground chuck meatballs (very small) or boiled chicken breast, rotated week to week. She [wife] adds it to some Rachel Ray's dry dog food and sprinkles it with a little shredded sharp cheddar cheese....He'll just sit there and look at you funny with his head cocked to the side until the cheese goes on. Hmmm...yeah, I think she spoiled him. :rolleyes:

does he get any SD steak ... ????

Top Bottom