• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Key?

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Must be dating myself a bit, but my '34 plymouth didnt have any keys, just the dimmer switch on the floor. Step on it and the car started. And no one could figure out how to start it.
599256_152505984886407_2027071963_n.jpg

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keyless entry- Yes, Remote start- Maybe, Chip in key- No. Most of the Elio colors are so bright and there will be so few Elios across the US (to start with) I don't see theft as a concern. Anywhere you park it there will be 25+ people around it asking questions about it!

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My old '41 Ford ignition switch was just a toggle switch on the side of the steering column. The key was to operate the steering, door and trunk locks. BMW motorcycles used a pin type ignition key up through the sixties. Tumbler type key lock was used to lock the handlebars.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could get into how it was the plain keys hanging on the ignition key that let the defective ignition switch turn off the car but I wont.

People, it was just an attempt at humor--not meant to be dissected. (Normally I would say Folks, but then "Folks" might be offended. :))

And I really don't know if the ignition key was a plain key or a fob. Don't know if they had fobs back in 1998--the last GM vehicle I owned was a 1992 and it was a plain key--oops, plural, keys--one to unlock the door and one for the ignition.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could get into how it was the plain keys hanging on the ignition key that let the defective ignition switch turn off the car but I wont.

People, it was just an attempt at humor--not meant to be dissected. (Normally I would say Folks, but then "Folks" might be offended. :))

And I really don't know if the ignition key was a plain key or a fob. Don't know if they had fobs back in 1998--the last GM vehicle I owned was a 1992 and it was a plain key--oops, plural, keys--one to unlock the door and one for the ignition.
You meant it as humor and I was asking an actual question. LOL What a pair we make. I couldn't remember whether it was key or ignition but it makes more sense that it was the ignition switch. At least to me. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom