• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V134

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You commute more then 100 miles a day? Ever think about getting a motorhome, or a cheap apartment close to work?
~110 miles, round trip. I'm looking for work closer to home, but that requires more experience, which I'm not getting much where I'm working, so it is a slow process doing it on my own. Just need to find a place to give me a break.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You commute more then 100 miles a day? Ever think about getting a motorhome, or a cheap apartment close to work?
My brother-in-law has been commuting 136 miles round trip five days a week (except sick days, holidays and vacations) for over twenty years.
His route includes rural, freeway and inner city driving.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My problem with the current crop of EVs isn't that their electric, but that the technology is too new. Reminds me of early computers and being on the bleeding edge. With every major manufacturer doing their own thing and doing the necessary improvements as time goes on, I fear that parts and service will become almost impossible to get after the vehicles are ten to fifteen years old. Batteries will probably be available but what about all the electronics that drive the wheels? What I see happening is that leasing will become the norm and all older vehicles will be scrapped. No used market at all. The Elio also concerns me about it's computer, but an aftermarket system might become available in the ten to fifteen year range. A different issue is with the length of the vehicles. Many of the new manufacturers are making/designing their vehicles relatively short compared to standard ones. The long wheelbase of the Elio should provide better stability, especially at highway speeds.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys talking about "long" commutes obviously don't live in Texas. 100 mile round trip commute is not unusual around here.

When someone is coming to visit us they ask how far we are. Our answer is "1 hour". They then say, "But you don't know where we're coming from!" Our answer is, "It doesn't matter. We're an hour from everywhere!"

Top Bottom