• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The main engine rails are in and lined up.

Going together well.

Engine rails 1.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“Going together well.”
Music to our ears…..

Well it's not a big job this time, relative, I have all the longitudinal dimensions set, as are verticals, and most of the laterals are unchanged, just a bit wider at the front, and a bit simpler, but not straying too far from what I already gots :cool:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well it's not a big job this time, relative, I have all the longitudinal dimensions set, as are verticals, and most of the laterals are unchanged, just a bit wider at the front, and a bit simpler, but not straying too far from what I already gots :cool:
Perhaps you are considering NHTSA Motorcycle Certification requirements in the engineering and design process of your prototype build. It’s particularly important when it comes to headlight and turn signal placement, spacing, height, and visibility requirements. Required headlight and turn signal retrofits cost Arcimoto a lot of time in the long drawn out certification process.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stripped the brake and clutch pedals with their master cylinders, as well as the throttle pedal out of the donor car today.

Then of course measured them up, and put them into CAD (purple pedals) to start drawing up the new firewall (ochre) to suit the Honda driveline.

Again it's just modifying the existing components, firewall in this case, to suit the new driveline.

Firewall 1 pedals.jpg

I don't do detailed CAD, just the main components and hard points as required, I think it's ridiculous the entent some go to, even nuts and bolts with threads, gee whiz.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the master cylinder is particularly long, and hitting the engine, figuring out out to resolve this hiccough.
What about deleting the brake booster, does that buy you any extra distance?? Are power brakes really required for something this light??
In my youth, I had a '74 Ford Maverick I drove for years... No power brakes on that car and I don't remember stopping ever being an issue.
Just a thought...

Top Bottom