• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CFMoto are a huge company, who have been around for a while, and selling in the USA for a while too, mostly ATVs and UTVs in the USA.
I didn't know that...

Prior to finding out about your BEX Mongrel, I had been researching a new sportbike. Just over twelve years ago, I downsized from a liter bike to a 600cc sportbike. I felt I was getting older and my reaction time was slowing down a bit, so going down to a 600cc seemed like a prudent decision. I think it was Clint Eastwood that said "A man has to know his limitations" (which is good advice -- for me) Now that I've retired, I thought maybe a 300cc bike would be an even better choice for me, so I started poking around on the internet. It appears CFMoto has introduced a new 300cc sportbike and I imagine my internet research triggered the advertisement.

Any who, an even better choice is your BEX Mongrel, so I'll be exiting the two wheel world of transportation in favor of a 3 wheel form of transportation.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The lower firewall section was lasered and folded today, after a small mod fits like a charm.

I never fully trust CAD, the small mod required was something that you just don't see on the computer.

Sorry I left my phone at home today, so no pictures. Do you know how I survived the whole day without a phone? - well if you have to ask that, we probably can't be friends ..... :-)

Any who, an even better choice is your BEX Mongrel, so I'll be exiting the two wheel world of transportation in favor of a 3 wheel form of transportation.

Big step sideways though from a liter bike, BEX is more a gentle cruiser in comparison, just curious, naked like a Archimoto style (big bigger though), or full bodywork BEX?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't know that...

Prior to finding out about your BEX Mongrel, I had been researching a new sportbike. Just over twelve years ago, I downsized from a liter bike to a 600cc sportbike. I felt I was getting older and my reaction time was slowing down a bit, so going down to a 600cc seemed like a prudent decision. I think it was Clint Eastwood that said "A man has to know his limitations" (which is good advice -- for me) Now that I've retired, I thought maybe a 300cc bike would be an even better choice for me, so I started poking around on the internet. It appears CFMoto has introduced a new 300cc sportbike and I imagine my internet research triggered the advertisement.

You are likely aware of the Arcimoto FUV and perhaps not a fan based on personal reasons, which I understand, but just in case…….a few older retiring bikers that have purchased the FUV as their replacement give it rave reviews in terms of performance, handling, and most importantly stability over their former 2 wheeler rides. Might want to check out their website If you have any interest at all. If not…..never mind. :) I’d prefer a three wheeler platform like the BEX, but it’s to far out from production for this old man.

1659205842311.jpeg

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...or full bodywork BEX?
BEX!! Full bodywork... keep the A/C (nice cool air) in the vehicle when its 100+ degrees (in the desert) and keep the girlfriend happy!!

My motorcycle was my commuter vehicle for work, but now that I'm retired it is just a toy and not very useful, as the girlfriend is too scared to ride on the back, anymore.

My 600cc bike is starting to show some wear from all of the commuting and I was thinking about trading it in for a 300cc bike, just as a toy. At the end of the day, I really didn't need a new toy.

I do need an economical "bucket list" vehicle to travel to various destinations and I think your BEX Mongrel will be a perfect fit for our travels.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always ridden and liked full fairing bikes. Never really liked the "naked" look on a bike or other vehicle (personal preference).
So to answer your question, I think I would prefer full panels, enclosures, etc. (not a naked BEX).

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The lower firewall section was lasered and folded today, after a small mod fits like a charm.

I never fully trust CAD, the small mod required was something that you just don't see on the computer.

Sorry I left my phone at home today, so no pictures. Do you know how I survived the whole day without a phone? - well if you have to ask that, we probably can't be friends ..... :D

Top Bottom