• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trying to remember (more difficult lately) but I believe it was my '84 Fiero that had the parking brake on the left side. It ratcheted down to the lowered position.
For some reason, this type of parking brake sticks in my mind. I think (but I can't be sure, also difficult to remember) I saw it on a Chevy Corvette, so it may be something GM was utilizing.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With a unique vehicle like this... tandem seating, opposite doors, 1-rear wheel, etc.... there's bound to be a little "oddity" here and there. But hey, what works, works! It's what I call "character" and helps make a vehicle memorable!

I think the neat thing about the doors, for the US at least, even with it being tandem, it still has "driver side" and "passenger side" like I am used to referring to things.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark... really like the video, please don't dismantle your prototype. A lot of prototypes end up in museums for people to enjoy.

Really, don't trash it if it's a fully functional, running, and paneled prototype. If nothing else, we can figure out a way to get it in a container and over here to me. :D

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's an optical illusion, but at certain angles this video makes it look like the thing is slammed to the ground.

Optical illusion due to the tapering in towards the rear.

Fact is, it's sitting high at the front because there's no engine in it, 7", and 5" towards the rear.

Guy asked me before "What sort of ground clearance does it have"? - My simple answer: "Air".

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Engine in and the 2 main engine mounts done, with the minor 'dogbone' mount yet to go, and brake master cylinder in for clearance checks.

Engine in 1.jpg
engine in 2.jpg

Top Bottom