• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like what I see here, except maybe for the ICE powerplant. I would like to see an engine a bit more mainstream with known reliability. Something like the 1.5 Toyota Yaris engine, or the the Honda fit engine.

The 1.5 Honda Fit L15 engine is very much a consideration. I am impressed that the L15 has the direct injection incorporated into the engine, I think it's the only engine in the world like that. It means no separate very high pressure pumps and lines to deal with.

But, baby steps first, the Elio was a 1.0 so that's where we start from, and that's what I am willing to afford to develop at the moment, and it seemed to suit 65,000 people beforehand :-)

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 1.5 Honda Fit L15 engine is very much a consideration. I am impressed that the L15 has the direct injection incorporated into the engine, I think it's the only engine in the world like that. It means no separate very high pressure pumps and lines to deal with.

But, baby steps first, the Elio was a 1.0 so that's where we start from, and that's what I am willing to afford to develop at the moment, and it seemed to suit 65,000 people beforehand :-)
Do you know what the HP rating is for the L15? I think the Toyota 1.5 is like 108. Either engine would make for a good performing ride...and dependable...

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you know what the HP rating is for the L15? I think the Toyota 1.5 is like 108. Either engine would make for a good performing ride...and dependable...

Yes, early ones were 110, later were 130, while the turbo is 170.

They have proven popular for light aircraft conversion, light weight and powerful.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you can see the difference between yesterday's B pillar, and today, widened aprox 1" each side at the top, 2" overall, and fits more snugly into the B pillar outer skin hollow..

I made the effort because I feel it's important that the rear seat passenger feels as open and as unconfined as possible, also opening up the view either side of the driver..

b pillar 5.jpg

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you can see the difference between yesterday's B pillar, and today, widened aprox 1" each side at the top, 2" overall, and fits more snugly into the B pillar outer skin hollow..

I made the effort because I feel it's important that the rear seat passenger feels as open and as unconfined as possible, also opening up the view either side of the driver..

View attachment 25381
Definitely looks better now. Good job.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Attachments

• 210204 002 the build 001.jpg
    210204 002 the build 001.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 210204 002 the build 002.jpg