• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will start making them when I can confirm there is a minimum of 100 orders. That has always been my absolute minimum.

The difference in numbers makes changes in how I would approach production of them, for example, at 100 units, I will be making them 100% myself in my town.
Sounds good to me MB! Now before we get ahead of ourselves, if you could please fill up the critical answers here:
MB 3wheeler specs:
Manual shift - YES
front wheel drive- YES
3 cyl. engine-new-YES
A/C - ????????
Delivery wait time-1 month, 2months, ?????
Price/unit- ?????????????

Crazydog

Elio Fan
Reaction score
MB 3wheeler specs:
Manual shift - YES
front wheel drive- YES
3 cyl. engine-new-YES
A/C - ????????
Process of delivery of vehicle from China to US?
Kit car or import built?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds good to me MB! Now before we get ahead of ourselves, if you could please fill up the critical answers here:
MB 3wheeler specs:
Manual shift - YES
front wheel drive- YES
3 cyl. engine-new-YES
A/C - ????????

I have always stated that I will stay under $10K. I see that as the original Elio price from 9 years ago, today

I don't think you could sell a serious vehicle these days without A/C, and yes, It's great for hot days, but it's even better on those rotten, terrible humid raining days when the windscreen fogs up. You need A/C dry air to clear it, nothing else works

This is what happens when your moron electric car company decides it's a good idea to turn your A/C off for you when the batteries get to 15%,apparently to save your battery to help you get home/to a charging station, because you are the moron who can't read a fuel gauge .... apparently ...

Junk.jpg

Today was 38C/100F degrees, and I had to drive my wife home for 20 minutes in a near black colored SUV with no A/C because the batteries were below 15% ... my wife got on the phone and screamed at them about the absolute stupidity of it, to receive good news that a software update is coming next week to eliminate the stupidity of being literally unable to drive you car for the last 50+ miles on a humid rainy day, or melting on a hot day as we did today.

So yes, I well know the value of A/C...

I can't promise delivery times at this stage sorry.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given it takes a garage to assemble the whole thing, and skills, and tools and time, and an understanding wife, most people will not try it. Sales for kit-cars are almost never above the hundreds. I rather doubt Bex will force that on us.

I have been in serious talks with an American kit car company to do the assembly, servicing, parts etc.

That way gets a few American jobs going, likely higher QC, local people to contact etc.

All still up in the air though.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can see that as being a great move for your company .... the experience of such a company should be able to help you in a wide range of ways

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always stated that I will stay under $10K. I see that as the original Elio price from 9 years ago, today

I don't think you could sell a serious vehicle these days without A/C, and yes, It's great for hot days, but it's even better on those rotten, terrible humid raining days when the windscreen fogs up. You need A/C dry air to clear it, nothing else works

This is what happens when your moron electric car company decides it's a good idea to turn your A/C off for you when the batteries get to 15%,apparently to save your battery to help you get home/to a charging station, because you are the moron who can't read a fuel gauge .... apparently ...

View attachment 25035

Today was 38C/100F degrees, and I had to drive my wife home for 20 minutes in a near black colored SUV with no A/C because the batteries were below 15% ... my wife got on the phone and screamed at them about the absolute stupidity of it, to receive good news that a software update is coming next week to eliminate the stupidity of being literally unable to drive you car for the last 50+ miles on a humid rainy day, or melting on a hot day as we did today.

So yes, I well know the value of A/C...

I can't promise delivery times at this stage sorry.
Lol I hear ya! That's why you MB 3wheeler will excel with it's prugal ICE and half the weight of a 4wheeler.
P.s. A nice MB logo up front will finish up your 3wheeler nicely if it's not taken yet!

Top Bottom