• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Others Reaction To The Elio

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
olddog1946 is right... A good set of horns is the thing to get people's attention.

I had a set of Fiam 2-trumpet air horns on my old Kaw 900. Any bike guys will tell ya, you always have to be on the lookout for the other folks on the road. I got great satisfaction from watching someone yank their car back into their lane because they thought they were about to be run over by a semi truck. :)

I have seen the Elio (P3) in person and it is bigger than one initially gives it credit for BUT I will probably still put a set of Fiams on it just in case I need to turn some faces white and wide-eyed. hehe

Hipp

Yippieokiya !
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...E-SPG-15-PLA&gclid=COeIh6bYlr8CFQWTfgod-b8A_A

Or.....no wife jokes, please: http://screaming-banshee.com/

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drove a couple of Miatas for a few years, and my beetle. It's just a factor of having a smaller car. (always be ready for the AH factor) That being said I am sure SUVs can get pressured from dump trucks and semis. I figure, at least for the first couple of years we will at least have the "wow what is that car?!" thing going for us. I had a lot more intimidations in my Miatas than the bug for that reason. I guess they thought the bug was cool so they backed off a little.
I got a wow factor for my gas powered recumbent bike too. Plus a little American Flag raised off my seat back brought out the don't tread on me factor too. Still and all with cell phone zombies and a mind numbed preset blindness for anything other than 2 wide head lights makes the road more dangerous for out sized vehicles. Air horn is a great. I have an Air zound for my bike. It's really an attention getter. At hwy speeds we will be treated as second class citizens. So, you see, it's all about surviving. Yeah, that's it. I'm going to name mine "Survivor". Like no matter what the Gov does I will survive for better times. LI voters need not apply.

Last edited:

BBGeer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm not worried about a bigger than you attitude. I drive a Yaris now and was t-boned a couple a years ago by a hit and run driver. If someone is going to hit you then they are going to hit you. I think the reactions of most other drivers will be , " Oh wow that's a cool little car!":D

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have actually started using my side view mirrors more as practice for the day I get my Elio. Since I have on occasion traveled with a lot of stuff in my back seat, I find it is not that hard to adjust to no rear view mirror. Of course backing up is a different issue and I have no way to practice that since I currently drive a Camry and it is considerably wider than the Elio. :) Z
Stick mirrors on the backs of the fenders! It'll perform double duty at night since drivers might have a WTF moment when they see "headlights" coming from the car in front of them. :cool:

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got 2 late model Vespas. One for me and one for my wife. Not long after we bought them we went downtown for dinner and a beer. When we came back to the street we found them both knocked over. "Vespa Tipping" is a 'fun' hobby for some jerks. The Elio will be more difficult to tip over but we also got "keyed" twice. Another "jerky" thing going on is Coal Rolling. I've been coal rolled once while in my Prius.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Elio becomes a target for some people. Especially here in the south.

Top Bottom