• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Radio Questions/audio Questions

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Americans are expensive.

@ ~$16/hour labor -> $24/hour with benefits and taxes -> $26/hour with employee overhead -> $28/hour with managemental cost

Your looking @ close to 50cent a min for labor.

5mins to unscrew a gril, unhook speaker, open new speaker, hook new speaker, hook up new grill, move old speaker to bin X 2
+ 5 mins testing
+ 5 mins to move Elio to staging

20mins labor @ $0.50 = $10 alone in labor for plug and play speakers

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have mentioned in a couple of their news letters the stock radio is an AM/FM/AUX jack, 2 speakers in the dash.
If you need more details, I would try the MTX site and look for a basic AM/FM with AUX

<Update> I've gone to the MTX site and didn't see a single car radio/stereo. Looks like they specialize in speakers, amps, and enclosures. They do make audio systems for motorcycles, marine, UTV's and home stereo; so they are no strangers to rugged demands for audio. The ThunderForm is a specialty item designed specifically certain vehicles; and made to "drop right in" on the vehicles they were built for; that is a higher priced item to do it acoustically correct in a limited space design.
I used a pair of MTX 12" subs in 2-way boxes I built. I ran them in parallel with larger cabs at 6 shows a week 32 years ago.
Kicked Arse. :D

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Americans are expensive.

@ ~$16/hour labor -> $24/hour with benefits and taxes -> $26/hour with employee overhead -> $28/hour with managemental cost

Your looking @ close to 50cent a min for labor.

5mins to unscrew a gril, unhook speaker, open new speaker, hook new speaker, hook up new grill, move old speaker to bin X 2
+ 5 mins testing
+ 5 mins to move Elio to staging

20mins labor @ $0.50 = $10 alone in labor for plug and play speakers
5 minutes testing? Ha!

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've posted this before:
rEYaVpn.jpg

Phone dock only. Although FM is required in the USA.

What kind of a system are you planning that requires over 40A at 12V?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm so old I remember when a mere transistor radio was state of the art.

NO MORE TUBES!

ps and radios and ACs were installed after market.
Remember the crystal radios.............NO BATTERIES :p

Mine looked like a spaceship....you took the alligator clip....clipped it to the school yard fence and slid the nosecone up and down to "tune in" the AM stations ............AH, those were the days :D

And don't forget those baking soda submarines in the cereal box !!!

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would be surprised what someone can cook in a car. I use a small inverter and power a mini crockpot for soup and oatmeal, that only draws 5-10 amps, what really draws the power is my 12 volt lunch box or my 12 volt George foreman imitation grill. All of which can fit on the floor in front of the passenger seat so I dont see why they wouldn't fit in the back seat foot well for the passenger.

:yo:I think Korny is going to provide a lot of entertainment. When he fits the pop-up tent camper on the rear, the trunk ledge can become the galley.;):):bolt:

Top Bottom