• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Tour

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Baton Rouge to Shreveport by Greyhound is a 5.5 hour ride...
$35.00
Elio to Hammond, La.
300miles/60mpg(I figure do to weight and overnight bat)=5*$4.00per gallon(a guess)=$20.00 for return trip.
Add room $65.00, food $30.00, souvenirs $35.00 Misc. $35.00
Brand new Elio owner...Priceless
I like your way of thinking! LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hadn't thought about AMTRAK. I believe there is a station in El Paso (50 miles away)
I know Amtrak goes as close as 1 1/2 hours from Shreveport and then the rest of the way is by Amtrak bus (or at least I assume it is Amtrak bus because it is all part of the fare). Where that 1 1/2 hour change over is I never checked. I figure I have enough time to do that if I decide to actually make the trip. As earlier posts of mine state, it is a v-e-r-y long trip! LOL :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know Amtrak goes as close as 1 1/2 hours from Shreveport and then the rest of the way is by Amtrak bus (or at least I assume it is Amtrak bus because it is all part of the fare). Where that 1 1/2 hour change over is I never checked. I figure I have enough time to do that if I decide to actually make the trip. As earlier posts of mine state, it is a v-e-r-y long trip! LOL :) Z
Z, I agree and the delivery to my home address is very appealing and simple option. We will have to learn the details about installation of options but the Pep boys shop is only 3 miles from my house. Can hardly justify the extra expense of going to Shreveport even thought it would be fun. I don't believe my wife would enjoy the long ride home even if we share the driving.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Baton Rouge to Shreveport by Greyhound is a 5.5 hour ride...
$35.00
Elio to Hammond, La.
300miles/60mpg(I figure do to weight and overnight bag)=5*$4.00per gallon(a guess)=$20.00 for return trip.
Add room $65.00, food $30.00, souvenirs $35.00 Misc. $35.00
Brand new Elio owner...Priceless

'What Ya gonna Do when They Call For You', to come and get it??

Here's my latest plan.

1) Ship my, at that time, Mini-Mate camper, lightly loaded with camping gear, and a trailer hitch, to a prearranged bike shop.

2) Go to Birmingham, catch the 'Big Dog', (Greyhound) to Shreveport, over night there, take the plant tour.

3) See my Elio come off the A line.

4) In the plant parking lot, check the oil, water, tires, etc, ride around for a check ride, go by a car wash and clean it up. This cuts out the 'Dealer Prep' charge, not worth the big bucks as a former 'Car Sales person', said we had to do.

4) Go to the bike shop, have the hitch mounted, check the lights. Hook up the camper and head out.

5)Then it's Game On, ride down to Hammond, La., over night with a riding buddy, mabe say 'Hello' to Saint451, then I'm open from there. Plan on having enough miles to do the first oil change when I get home.

If I have any problems with my Elio, my GWRRA insurance says 'Any thing I drive is covered'.

As we are all Dreaming of receiving our Elio's, I'm just Dreaming a Lot Bigger.

Life Is Good!!

Last edited:

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes when I leave the forum up on my computer another member of my house hold makes an entry under my handle. "I have to remember to log out." Sorry about the last post.
I hope all the optional equipment will be available to put on at the factory. So I can drive away with all my accessories loaded.
MK

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes when I leave the forum up on my computer another member of my house hold makes an entry under my handle. "I have to remember to log out." Sorry about the last post.
I hope all the optional equipment will be available to put on at the factory. So I can drive away with all my accessories loaded.
MK
If you happen to luck out and drive away with all your options.........please post a photo! I'm eager to see a fully loaded Elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, there's an option to take a plant tour and watch my Elio being built?

Is this for real?

May I have the link?
Have you read this thread from the beginning? There is a lot of information in it. Paul Elio has even mentioned the possibility of plant tours but I do not know the link. It may be somewhere in this thread. :) Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom