• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Spare Tire Questions

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another poster told us about this stuff a while back, and I still think this is the best option. I don't want to carry around a pressurized can of Slime in a vehicle that could reach 120 deg. or hotter on a daily basis through the summer. Another plus to this is it keeps your tires balanced.

http://www.ride-on.com/

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another poster told us about this stuff a while back, and I still think this is the best option. I don't want to carry around a pressurized can of Slime in a vehicle that could reach 120 deg. or hotter on a daily basis through the summer. Another plus to this is it keeps your tires balanced.

http://www.ride-on.com/

upload_2014-5-14_14-19-40.jpeg

davekealey

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I ride a Suzuki Burgman 400 motor scooter and last summer, a friend and I were on a 4-day long distance ride. I had a rear flat. The temp. was 100 degrees. I didn't know if, and when I could find a tire and someone to install it. Just a bad experience! As soon as I returned home, I bought the "Stop & Go" pocket tire plugger kit. Small package - eases the mind. I did have a small air compressor with me. So... I will move the items around, depending on what I will be driving...or ---- just get another kit and small compressor. Too easy!

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I will have to search for the reference however I do remember Elio Motors did once directly respond to the tow truck question. They said the front end could be lifted and secured and the rear tire could just trail along on the ground as it normally does as long as the parking brake is off.
I read a response from Elio where they said it would be designed for flat towing.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I read a response from Elio where they said it would be designed for flat towing.

I remember reading that somewhere also. A bit different from a tow truck but still gives good confidence a tow truck should be able to drag it without any issues.

I am sure Elio Motors will sell a lot of vehicles to RV owners looking for a compact, light, and inexpensive dinghy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Avards

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
May 05 response to my query about ability to flat tow Elio:

"Yes, Elio owners will be able to flat tow their vehicle although the details of how this will work our currently being finalized on our end. We have several ideas on how this will work best, and we will be prepared to share these details with our future Elio Motors customers in advance of production time next year, so please stay tuned into our website in the meanwhile! Thanks so much for your time and question.

Best,
The Elio Team"

wcr

emt1581

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ride-On looks like a decent option so long as you have a compressor/pump with you. But what's the difference between that and the stuff in the same type of bottle from Slime at wally-world? Do they serve the same purpose?

Personally, I've carried fix-a-flat in all of my vehicles for years in the 100+ summers and sub-0 winters...no problems.

Today at WM I saw the Slime compressor/patch/bottle kits that others posted. The one for cars seems like a plastic toy (pump). The one for truck is what I saw posted here. Looks more beefy. It was $65. Now if it all works well it seems like it'd be worth it. But something to take into account is that the pack will most likely take up the majority of that tiny rear trunk/cargo area with the seat up. Whereas a can of fix-a-flat would take up very little room by comparison and, so long as you only have one flat, would accomplish the same thing in one package. Much quicker to! You just connect and squeeze rather than having to set up and connect an air pump and using a separate bottle for the sealant.

Personally I'll stick with fix-a-flat unless someone gave give me a better overall option which would mean more effective, quicker, smaller in size, etc.

-Emt1581

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you lift the front, it looks like the rear would be periously close to the ground. However, the back panel is designed to be easily removed and once removed, there would be a lot of clearance, right? Maybe the RV guys on the forum can jump in but I could swear they used to have a quick way to disconnect the driveshaft electronically for rear wheel dinghys... I would think that same process could be used with the front wheel drive Elio... even if they make "electrically actuated disconnect for flat towing" an option... I'd pay for that ability, I think... Don't need to tow now but I may.

Top Bottom