• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best explanation is the truth. If somebody doesn't believe you when you tell them the truth, then the only solution is to continue telling the truth in all things, until they trust your word as truth and stop questioning you.

You're not any fun. What makes this explanation so hard is, She watched me do it. I am stuck with the truth.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only time my wife questions my word is when Math is involved, and that's because she doesn't trust Math. Once you get in the habit of it, telling the truth becomes almost addicting. I am not burdened by the weight of my own words, and my best friend trusts me implicitly. It's hard to beat that.
I believe someone previously stated that you are wise beyond your years. You continue to demonstrate that. If only more of humanity could adopt such simple truths. Blessings.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see a fatal flaw in that logic, since when do people use turn signals to change lanes? :mad:

Around here, everybody uses them!

The thing is, they seem to think that the turn signals give them right-of-way, no matter how fast we're going or how close to my bumper they need to squeeze.

I was trained that a turn signal was "asking permission" not "declaring a demand".

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The thing is, they seem to think that the turn signals give them right-of-way, no matter how fast we're going or how close to my bumper they need to squeeze.

I was trained that a turn signal was "asking permission" not "declaring a demand".
They're probably just expecting someone to be kinder.

If someone is obviously not going to let me change lanes just because they have butt hurt, it makes me REALLY want to piss them off. And I do. Sometimes I love being me.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Do they have the option that we have down here?
That is, the turn signals are connected to the brakes; so no matter when you click the turn signal, it doesn't show up till you slam on the brakes.

So you're going down the road, and the car in front of you starts slowing down, and then, wham, they slam on the brakes, and the left turn signal comes on as they stop, and slowly make the turn into where they were going.

That option. :becky:

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They're probably just expecting someone to be kinder.

If someone is obviously not going to let me change lanes just because they have butt hurt, it makes me REALLY want to piss them off. And I do. Sometimes I love being me.

that I don't really have a problem with. its when i signal to change lanes, and the b@5746 speeds up to try and close the gap so I cant merge. That's when I veer hard into my merge, and force the mofo to slam on the brakes... and then they sometimes get mad and act like I cut them off, when in fact i just blocked them from cutting me off first. that's road justice, deal with it :p

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Around the great lakes, it is a challenge which induces resistance. I have repeatedly used a blinker only to have vehicles go out of their way to close gaps rather than create them. It's an extension of the Me First mentality. I found southern Illinois and south are predominantly cordial to lane changers unless they are driving an 18 wheeler or pick-up.

Top Bottom