• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, I'm supposed to leave the car in gear when I park? I always put my (manual) car in neutral and engage the parking brake. I had to teach myself to drive a manual, so I'm sure I developed some bad habits. Is this one of them?

That's how I've parked my last 2 cars (I also had remote start, so if left in gear, the car WILL move forward).

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, when I bought a brand new 1968 VW Beetle, carpet was not standard. it had some kind of vinyl liner. I got carpeting then for the same reason I probably will on my Elio, sound-dampening. I wonder if Weather-Tech will be making custom floor mats to fit Elio's?
My brother lives in Seattle and he wants rubber floor mats on top of carpet because of all the rain they get their.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would hate having Reverse behind the forward gears; it would be so easy to put it in the wrong gear, and hit something because it went the opposite direction of what you were expecting.

I remember one of my old cars, maybe '56 Chevy, had Reverse on the opposite end away from Park. Now that you mention it, that could have been why they went to the current configuration. Don't recall ever having a problem with the old setup though.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember one of my old cars, maybe '56 Chevy, had Reverse on the opposite end away from Park. Now that you mention it, that could have been why they went to the current configuration. Don't recall ever having a problem with the old setup though.

I remember driving my fathers '60 Plymouth with push button shift. Never had a problem with that either. But there was this guy....... Ralph... ahhh nitwit? maybe ahhh cramden? oh wait, I think it was Nader. Guess he figured we were all as stupid as lawyers and had to do everything one way and only one way.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother lives in Seattle and he wants rubber floor mats on top of carpet because of all the rain they get their.

Wait... There's a place where people *don't* want rubber floor mats on top of the carpet? Honestly never occurred to me that there are people who *wouldn't* want this.

(Note that it's why I don't care if my Elio has carpet in it or not....)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the dashboard is being made by VDO, which is owned by Continental Tire. The only reason I say this is because I ran across this news report, and what it explains. Additionally, VDO makes gauges. So one can only assume...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...se-contracts-signed-factory-stores-announced/
Welcome to the Forum ClarenceRay from the Pacific NW.

Nice article, but a number of things have changed since that came out in 2014.
You can do a search on here to get up to speed a bit more; or join into the active threads to catch some of the latest news.
The Elio in the picture in the article you posted is the P4; currently they are touring with the P5 and have started working on the 25 Engineering series that will be used for testing; they're called the E-Series; then in December of this year they have said that they are building 100 Fleet cars to be loaned to the fleet customers for some extended real world testing.
Oh and little word to the wise; the Elgin dash that's in the Elio is a tribute from Paul Elio to his father; in other words there will be no options for it.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom