• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sun Visors , Sun Roof, Moon Roof, Glass Roof, Convertible?

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, The last time I went topless, people paid me to put the shirt back on.
I doubt if it will be an option for the first year or 2 due to the type of tubular construction and the Elio Business model which is to build the base model at the factory and options will be added at the satellite facilities. If I remember correctly the only versions coming off the line will be each color version with a manual or auto tranny.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
its been discussed but don't think you will see one come from the factory any time soon .... doing so would impact the roll cage and could impact the crash rating which is a major point with Elio .... personally, I wouldn't want a convertible .... I enjoy a quiet ride, heat and AC and have no interest in sunburn, helments, or bugs in my teeth

Jim

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDQIYg4zCmga19EQDmjsk5Fp9EGjmhw5S3iiaehBa2RnYqS9Zr4g.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had one installed in my business partner's New Yorker in '76. ASC (American Sunroof) made a comprehensive kit; it was a fine product, and a relatively simple retrofit. In those days ASC made most of the OEM sunroofs anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom