• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Takata Air Bags ....seriously?

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh! You're from Maryland. That explains a lot.
I really don't care how many lives you think they may have saved.
Aren't you people the ones that keep saying "If it saves just one life"?
Well in this case it takes lives.
But the government mandated this so it's OK?
Why haven't they required that all cars that are involved in floods have their airbag inflators replaced?
Oh! You're from Texas. I guess their education system will catch up to Maryland's some day.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People die in car accidents... ban cars.

Relax, guys. Airbags save lives. That is obvious. A certain type of explosive responds to elevated humidity after about 7 years. That surely isn't call to get rid of all airbags. Merely driving cars tends to kill people as well.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not paying attention to recalls; or checking if you car is one of the ones affected when they have been on National News is the owners fault.
People need to start taking more responsibility for their own actions.
And stop finding others to blame for your own shortcomings.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That head in a bag one? I saw that; but isn't that designed for motorcycles? I don't see how it could protect your face (unless it wrapped all the way around). Or something different?
If different, could you provide the link please? Or just repost it here.
http://www.amsafe.com/products-serv...on/airbags-restraints/seatbelt-airbag-system/
Watch the Youtube video. Well...hmmm. Can't get the right link to post. Search YouTube for 'how seatbelt airbags work'. Several good clips.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll bet you 1 person in `100,000 takes this into consideration. Nobody buying a used car is about to spring for new airbags. That's why they're buying a used car in the first place! Show me any group of citizens that rational and that aware -- and I'll vote for them for congress!
Why change now? Irrational fiscally irresponsible ear ticklers seem to be what voters want for now.

This is why I do not expect the funding of the Elio loan to be the slam dunk it should be.

<Edited for being too political in nature>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KD

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not paying attention to recalls; or checking if you car is one of the ones affected when they have been on National News is the owners fault.
People need to start taking more responsibility for their own actions.
And stop finding others to blame for your own shortcomings.

You speak blasphemy with your last 2 sentences sir! What century are you from anyway? :lol:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh! You're from Texas. I guess their education system will catch up to Maryland's some day.
Yes, we're well on our way to catching up with Maryland's propaganda er... re-"education" camps.
They were all the rage in early 20th century Europe and Asia.

Top Bottom