• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Comments I Got From A Good Friend "non-believer"

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so far the folks that I've talked with have been somewhere between underwhelmed and beyond skeptical .... on engineer told me that their front wheel drive will not work well, his comment was with three wheels the rear wheel drive used by Morgan is far superior .... another who is a long time biker (currently has 2 Harleys) told me it looks like something his son would build out of he Lego blocks .... several who are retired have told me that even it it worked perfectly, they'd never save enough of gasoline to come close to paying for it ..... one young man said he'd rather have his date siting beside him ..:)

Jim

Well, the "engineer" must be the train driving kind, unless he's into drifting around a track. The long time biker must have a VERY talented son...buy him an Erector Set to improve the frame design! The several who are retired need to get out more...Bingo at the Lion's Club doesnt' count. And the young man will change his tune after he's been married 30 yrs! :D

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so far the folks that I've talked with have been somewhere between underwhelmed and beyond skeptical .... on engineer told me that their front wheel drive will not work well, his comment was with three wheels the rear wheel drive used by Morgan is far superior .... another who is a long time biker (currently has 2 Harleys) told me it looks like something his son would build out of he Lego blocks .... several who are retired have told me that even it it worked perfectly, they'd never save enough of gasoline to come close to paying for it ..... one young man said he'd rather have his date siting beside him ..:)

Jim
Obviously they haven't seen what has been made out of lego blocks lately! Holy Moly! The one that I remember best is a 3D printer that, if my memory serves me right, is able to "print" out parts for prosthetic limbs! It's aimed at Third World use. So these days that's no longer an insult but rather high praise for what can be accomplished with lowly plastic bricks! Lego blocks? Yeah, why not! Oh, the age of the inventor? A teenager! http://www.gizmag.com/easton-lachappelle-3d-printed-prosthetic/28685/

As for being underwhelmed? Sure why not. It's not meant to float everyone's boat!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rats! It was such a good story too! The prosthetic limbs were made from a sub-$1,000 Printrbot 3D printer, not a Lego. There, that shows what happens when you trust your memory!! With that being said, yes there are 3D printers made from Legos, just not in this case. I'll try to triple check my stories, I briefly went over this one without looking carefully before putting it out there. Sorry.

Top Bottom