• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Comments I Got From A Good Friend "non-believer"

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here in Nebraska harvest will be starting soon, then the electric fences go up around the field and the cows come in. They eat all the corn they can handle. When I lived in Michigan I couldn't eat the steaks as they were grass fed beef. When your used to one it's hard to change your taste for another.
My digestive system very simply cannot handle ground meat from grain fed cattle. I'm not sure why only the ground meat affects me but I finally gave up eating hamburger, including organic because of the digestive issues. I recently tried some grass fed, grass finished ground beef and much to my surprise I was able to enjoy it without the digestive distress. Who knows why. I certainly don't, but grass fed/finished beef is $4/pound cheaper than the bison or elk I was buying to use instead of hamburger, so I am happy. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The primary difference is the fat. Grain fed is Omega 6 what your body can make itself. Grass feed livestock provides Omega 3 fats that you only get by eating it. Your body does not produce it. Look at who profits with subsidized corn and if that doesn't put you off your feed go ahead and enjoy.
I have heard of hemp being used to feed cattle and hemp provides Omega 3, 6, & 9. Do you know if the resulting meat is any better than the usual grain fed? Just curous since I eat a lot of hemp to keep my protein levels up. :-) Z

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My digestive system very simply cannot handle ground meat from grain fed cattle. I'm not sure why only the ground meat affects me but I finally gave up eating hamburger, including organic because of the digestive issues. I recently tried some grass fed, grass finished ground beef and much to my surprise I was able to enjoy it without the digestive distress. Who knows why. I certainly don't, but grass fed/finished beef is $4/pound cheaper than the bison or elk I was buying to use instead of hamburger, so I am happy. :) Z

It's possible that the grass fed beef is not subjected to all of the hormones and antibiotics.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have heard of hemp being used to feed cattle and hemp provides Omega 3, 6, & 9. Do you know if the resulting meat is any better than the usual grain fed? Just curous since I eat a lot of hemp to keep my protein levels up. :) Z

I have read that hemp also contains all of the amino acids...the building blocks for protein. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have read that hemp also contains all of the amino acids...the building blocks for protein. :)
Apparently that is why I can absorb it easier than any other proteins. I was eating 90 to 100 grams of protein per day (normal for my size is 60 gms) and my protein levels were falling. Then I went gluten free and added hemp to my diet. I wasn't sure what was making the difference until I lowered my hemp intake and my protein levels dropped again. So now I am under doctors orders to eat hemp to my heart's and my body's desire. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently that is why I can absorb it easier than any other proteins. I was eating 90 to 100 grams of protein per day (normal for my size is 60 gms) and my protein levels were falling. Then I went gluten free and added hemp to my diet. I wasn't sure what was making the difference until I lowered my hemp intake and my protein levels dropped again. So now I am under doctors orders to eat hemp to my heart's and my body's desire. :p :rolleyes: :) Z
WOW, Z. . . . . . That's an awful amount of "rope" to eat, isn't it? Do you put marinara sauce on it and sort of eat it like Spaghetti? :eek:

What a way to start a Sunday morning. . . . . Talking about food. :D

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here in Nebraska harvest will be starting soon, then the electric fences go up around the field and the cows come in. They eat all the corn they can handle. When I lived in Michigan I couldn't eat the steaks as they were grass fed beef. When your used to one it's hard to change your taste for another.
Having served with a Vietnamese Infantry Division, I learned to eat about everything and never to ask what it was. I have an iron lined stomach and am an unrepented carnivore. I'll eat steaks no matter if they were grass or corn fed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom