• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Theory?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Remember, the one guy that everyone hates here is Elon Musk.", I can assure you it can't be everybody, I can only speak for myself, but your statement is false.
I know I don't hate him. In fact, I like him and would like to have the billions he does, without all the hours he puts in to earn it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago Elon Musk had to borrow money for rent. :) I'm guessing for musk it's not about the money.

IMG_9206.JPG

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul is not like Musk, who has diversified his efforts, and is not pigheaded enough to call his vehicle the Musk-mobile, or his rocket the Space-Musk, or his solar energy Sun-of-Musk. Paul is an egotist, if he changed his vehicles name to the Trump-mobile, and let the business types run "Elio" we would have had our trikes by now, probably with a proven Nisson, Rotax or Mazda engine.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul is not like Musk, who has diversified his efforts, and is not pigheaded enough to call his vehicle the Musk-mobile, or his rocket the Space-Musk, or his solar energy Sun-of-Musk. Paul is an egotist, if he changed his vehicles name to the Trump-mobile, and let the business types run "Elio" we would have had our trikes by now, probably with a proven Nisson, Rotax or Mazda engine.
And exactly what do you think this logo stands for.....................if not E for Elon! :)
IMG_9677.JPG

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score

There is nothing wrong, or pigheaded, to name your company (and/or vehicle) after yourself, Ford, Tucker, Delorean, Bricklin, etc. come to mind....

But don’t be surprised that with that understandably big ego that they will try to make their mark everywhere, and that means from the engine to the dashboard, especially everything in the front clip.

Of course ego alone won’t get your car built, I guess we are all learning that now.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Paul Elio's Ego, but rather marketing as in the successful 2008 Hello Elio Marketing Campaign that portrayed a likeable and trustworthy guy promoting an affordable vehicle for the everyday people we all wanted. I liked Elio and the ELIO.

IMG_7319.JPG IMG_7318.JPG IMG_7877.PNG

Elon Musk has an ego, but Hello Musk..............wouldn't be the same..................and Elon Musk invested his own money.

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, the one guy that everyone hates here is Elon Musk.
Nah. Some people here don't like him. I personally think that his charge to make and sell an electric car is a great idea. I just wish he could make them affordable, and sell them at a profit. If he can't, then he's going to be borrowing rent money again pretty soon.

The one thing I don't like, is the fish-lipped Model 3 front end... Ick!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, fish lipped front end, but that fish is a shark. :)
IMG_9161.JPG
. IMG_9692.JPG

Musk's goal was/is to build affordable electric vehicles for the masses. He had to start with the high end demographic, develop the battery tech, vehicle platform, build manufacturing facilities, supplier chain, while developing a brand people trust. Going from the initial $100K+ Tesla Roadster to the current $35K base Model 3 is certainly more affordable.......and 500,000 reservations indicate it's mass appeal. Tesla is made in the USA (and other worldwide markets), creating thousands of American jobs, building local economies, what's not to like. Perhaps, one doesn't have to like Musk well enough to invite him for pizza and beer (he's likely to pick up the tab), but rather respect him for his accomplishments........or not.

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, fish lipped front end, but that fish is a shark. :)
That should be a factory option! Definitely changes the look. Every time I see the real one, I want to grab a tube of lipstick and paint it.

Perhaps, one doesn't have to like Musk well enough to invite him for pizza and beer (he's likely to pick up the tab), but rather respect him for his accomplishments........or not.
I'd take him out for a pizza and a beer, even if he didn't pick up the tab. He would be an interesting person to talk to. And yes, he has done a LOT for the electric vehicle industry. I don't think anyone can realistically argue with that.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That should be a factory option! Definitely changes the look. Every time I see the real one, I want to grab a tube of lipstick and paint it.

I'd take him out for a pizza and a beer, even if he didn't pick up the tab. He would be an interesting person to talk to. And yes, he has done a LOT for the electric vehicle industry. I don't think anyone can realistically argue with that.
Very interesting discussion potential indeed. I'd buy him lunch too. Maybe the three of us could go out for that beer. :)

Top Bottom