• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Theory?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it petty? Let's analyze that.

Elio has over 65K reservationists. They invested into his company. Then Elio needs at least another 1M in new customers to keep them going for 4 years. In 2016, having a road show, social media updates and Paul being out there in person raised $26M in 12 months because of new reservations. That's a fact because Elio reported it.

Since May, the only sighting and conversation was with someone called “Darth Vader” in NYC on September 22 and Paul has IM'd Lilly 15 times. As for the rest of the existing and new ones, what about them? Two people out of 1M+? Then Elio keeps getting bad PR because it comes down to speculation or when the next SEC filing is or when Shreveport is coming around election time. Then, just look at this site? It's probably the last holdout that has any faith and that definitely is dropping.

Let's look at how busy Paul is. The last time of a public appearance that all 65K and 1M new customers has seen was in May. Let's just assume that's been 180 days. Paul works 7 days a week (that's what you do being self employed). He is probably productive 15 hours per day. That means 2,700 working hours. A 10 minute Youtube video would take around 2 hours to write up. Then another hour to make and upload. That's 3 hours or 0.1% of his time. I find it hard to believe that someone is that busy, no matter how hard they are looking for money.

If 0.1% of someones time to reach out to your investors and new customers is petty, then you sure have a new way of running a business. Up until now, doing that, results in failure. Then when it was proven that keeping the show going will generate income, why would you stop? Again, maybe this is a new way of doing business.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it petty? Let's analyze that.

Elio has over 65K reservationists. They invested into his company. Then Elio needs at least another 1M in new customers to keep them going for 4 years. In 2016, having a road show, social media updates and Paul being out there in person raised $26M in 12 months because of new reservations. That's a fact because Elio reported it.

Since May, the only sighting and conversation was with someone called “Darth Vader” in NYC on September 22 and Paul has IM'd Lilly 15 times. As for the rest of the existing and new ones, what about them? Two people out of 1M+? Then Elio keeps getting bad PR because it comes down to speculation or when the next SEC filing is or when Shreveport is coming around election time. Then, just look at this site? It's probably the last holdout that has any faith and that definitely is dropping.

Let's look at how busy Paul is. The last time of a public appearance that all 65K and 1M new customers has seen was in May. Let's just assume that's been 180 days. Paul works 7 days a week (that's what you do being self employed). He is probably productive 15 hours per day. That means 2,700 working hours. A 10 minute Youtube video would take around 2 hours to write up. Then another hour to make and upload. That's 3 hours or 0.1% of his time. I find it hard to believe that someone is that busy, no matter how hard they are looking for money.

If 0.1% of someones time to reach out to your investors and new customers is petty, then you sure have a new way of running a business. Up until now, doing that, results in failure. Then when it was proven that keeping the show going will generate income, why would you stop? Again, maybe this is a new way of doing business.
Whatever happened in the past is history. Looking forward, EM's current status is they're flat broke that's why everything's on a stand still- the tours, the R&D, etc. Assuming that Paul Elio saved up from his salary and incentives, will he risks his own money NOW to turn the wheel of progress again and for how long? The 2019 production EM is gearing for is meaningless unless funding is found..it's just that simple. In all fairness to both parties, we as future owners are waiting for our ELIO.....Paul Elio and his EM is waiting for FUNDING. ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whatever happened in the past is history. Looking forward, EM's current status is they're flat broke that's why everything's on a stand still- the tours, the R&D, etc. Assuming that Paul Elio saved up from his salary and incentives, will he risks his own money NOW to turn the wheel of progress again and for how long? The 2019 production EM is gearing for is meaningless unless funding is found..it's just that simple. In all fairness to both parties, we as future owners are waiting for our ELIO.....Paul Elio and his EM is waiting for FUNDING. ;)

Apparently your theory is that if Paul Elio gets his FUNDING, reservationists will get their ELIOs.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Past history is something you can't ignore. I'm talking about within the last 22 months. It's not that long ago. Investors are not just going to look at today. They will want to know the past history. It's no different than getting a loan. If you are late on payments constantly over the last 2 years but had a great track record 20 years running up to that, you will be asked, "What happened?" I suspect that this is the reason why we have not heard from Elio on the NASDAQ listing. Drexell Hamilton needs to make sure 100% that they will get paid and not take any risk on this. Once they have covered their butt, it will be listed. As opposed to the other 65K investors and stockholders, they are not taking a risk.

Also, Elio has told us all that they still have $1.2M in equipment for sale, so that right there along with one reservation per week can pay the bills. I doubt Elio has any employees left except for the consultants that get paid by the hour when they need them. Plus, Paul owns ESG engineering and they got paid $16M in stock. Sell 100 shares per day at $4 and that's enough to keep going. That's $2000/week or $8000/month or $104,000 per year. So, his engineering company can sell enough to allow him to get paid through that company. Just that right there indicates, he's not using his own money to keep this afloat.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Past history is something you can't ignore. I'm talking about within the last 22 months. It's not that long ago. Investors are not just going to look at today. They will want to know the past history. It's no different than getting a loan. If you are late on payments constantly over the last 2 years but had a great track record 20 years running up to that, you will be asked, "What happened?" I suspect that this is the reason why we have not heard from Elio on the NASDAQ listing. Drexell Hamilton needs to make sure 100% that they will get paid and not take any risk on this. Once they have covered their butt, it will be listed. As opposed to the other 65K investors and stockholders, they are not taking a risk.

Also, Elio has told us all that they still have $1.2M in equipment for sale, so that right there along with one reservation per week can pay the bills. I doubt Elio has any employees left except for the consultants that get paid by the hour when they need them. Plus, Paul owns ESG engineering and they got paid $16M in stock. Sell 100 shares per day at $4 and that's enough to keep going. That's $2000/week or $8000/month or $104,000 per year. So, his engineering company can sell enough to allow him to get paid through that company. Just that right there indicates, he's not using his own money to keep this afloat.
I'm not talking about investor's impression of EM's business, but rather describing what I perceived as their current situation. I've mentioned from my other posts that whomever Paul Elio had approached for funding must have seen and reviewed their financials which covers all history including expenditures, it's risks and rewards...so for funding to take this long tells us something. So in that regard, I totally agree with you.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not talking about investor's impression of EM's business, but rather describing what I perceived as their current situation. I've mentioned from my other posts that whomever Paul Elio had approached for funding must have seen and reviewed their financials which covers all history including expenditures, it's risks and rewards...so for funding to take this long tells us something. So in that regard, I totally agree with you.
Remember, the one guy that everyone hates here is Elon Musk. The reason why they do is because they wish Paul Elio was just like him. This is because no matter how bad things are going, Elon is still out there as the front man and selling his idea. Even if the company is losing money, you got your reward for being a loyal reservation holder. Imagine if Paul was that way. If he was, Elio would be celebrating the 1M Elio by the end of this year and right behind that, the new Elio 2.0 Hybrid that gets 200 mpg plus a teaser of Elio 3.0 that is an EV which goes from 0-60 in 6 seconds, gets 600 miles on a charge and can be 100% recharged at one of the Eliochargers in 30 minutes. Instead, we have a guy with a 9 year old idea that went into hiding except for a select few.

The Elon type of thinking needs to get the Elio brand off and running to infinity and beyond.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, the one guy that everyone hates here is Elon Musk. The reason why they do is because they wish Paul Elio was just like him. This is because no matter how bad things are going, Elon is still out there as the front man and selling his idea. Even if the company is losing money, you got your reward for being a loyal reservation holder. Imagine if Paul was that way. If he was, Elio would be celebrating the 1M Elio by the end of this year and right behind that, the new Elio 2.0 Hybrid that gets 200 mpg plus a teaser of Elio 3.0 that is an EV which goes from 0-60 in 6 seconds, gets 600 miles on a charge and can be 100% recharged at one of the Eliochargers in 30 minutes. Instead, we have a guy with a 9 year old idea that went into hiding except for a select few.

The Elon type of thinking needs to get the Elio brand off and running to infinity and beyond.
The CEOs of both Arcimoto (10 Years) and Electra Meccannica (2-3 Years) have been in the forefront leading their startup vehicle companies from the very beginning. I would say that's typical of any new startup business.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is where Paul has demonstrated his inability to properly manage and look long term. In 2016 he burned through a boatload of money and pretty much ran the company out of cash. If you look at the SEC filings, Elio was bringing in a pretty good amount of money through reservations. Obviously they needed to spend money to make money. When you are letting the money go out way faster than it's coming in, you will run out in short order. Why Paul didn't throttle back on the spending and keep the roadshow going is beyond me.

I looked it up and Elio raised around $26M in 2016, on just reservations alone. With no show, no social media, no contact with anyone, you can't expect that a website with a blog is going to generate any meaningful income. Think about it, the last time anyone has seen Paul was in May at the press conference in Shreveport. It's coming up on 6 months and the frontman for the company with his name, is nowhere to be found. Paul is setting the perfect example on how to ruin a company image and faith in the product.

If Paul is reading this, you need to man up and take the lumps. You don't only come around when times are good. Successful management and ownership is there through good and bad. Showing your face and giving an update all while letting people know in person that you appreciate their support over the years, will go a long way in helping you turn your company around. The ball is in your court. What are you going to do?
The best part of public shows was the Elio team - the E spoke for itself, but the many questions and enthusiasm of Jerome, and his wife was super. I think they sold their house to be on the tours, they were the best spokespeople Elio ever had, felt bad when they were let go.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Remember, the one guy that everyone hates here is Elon Musk.", I can assure you it can't be everybody, I can only speak for myself, but your statement is false.

Top Bottom