• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Theory?

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excuse me for being stupid, but just how can I use my non-refundable $1K Elio reservation apply towards a Solo?
I must be missing something, maybe a brain, please elaborate. - thanks

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excuse me for being stupid, but just how can I use my non-refundable $1K Elio reservation apply towards a Solo?
You simply email a copy of the confirmation email that you got from Elio Motors when you gave them $1000 to Electra Meccanica.
They'll reserve you a Solo for you and give you a $1000 off of the regular price. Details are on the Electra Meccanica website.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind the normal $250 SOLO Reservation Deposit is waived with your Elio Receipt Deposit, so no additional out of pocket expense, totally risk free. :)

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:sorry: but, A/C is a MUST for this old, fluffy geezer :D
I thought about it, and rarely use the AC in my grey Ford Focus. It is garaged, and only used to go shopping, or to the dog park.
Sure, A/C is needed for long trips, or during summer days, but I do not see myself parking the SOLO in a 100 degree parking lot, often if ever.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is where Paul has demonstrated his inability to properly manage and look long term. In 2016 he burned through a boatload of money and pretty much ran the company out of cash. If you look at the SEC filings, Elio was bringing in a pretty good amount of money through reservations. Obviously they needed to spend money to make money. When you are letting the money go out way faster than it's coming in, you will run out in short order. Why Paul didn't throttle back on the spending and keep the roadshow going is beyond me.

I looked it up and Elio raised around $26M in 2016, on just reservations alone. With no show, no social media, no contact with anyone, you can't expect that a website with a blog is going to generate any meaningful income. Think about it, the last time anyone has seen Paul was in May at the press conference in Shreveport. It's coming up on 6 months and the frontman for the company with his name, is nowhere to be found. Paul is setting the perfect example on how to ruin a company image and faith in the product.

If Paul is reading this, you need to man up and take the lumps. You don't only come around when times are good. Successful management and ownership is there through good and bad. Showing your face and giving an update all while letting people know in person that you appreciate their support over the years, will go a long way in helping you turn your company around. The ball is in your court. What are you going to do?

Reaction score
September 22, 2017 Darth Vader reported seeing Paul in down town NYC. Paul told him to watch the news in the next few months. IM said Paul has been there 15 times in the past 4 months.
Kind of puts your petty demands back on the back burner, now doesn't it? You don't suppose he just doesn't have time to entertain us? I mean he is trying to get a brand new, never heard of vehicle manufacturing company started here.

Billy Rubin

Reaction score
No new post for two days! I hate to see this forum die, using it keeps me off the streets so the dogs don't piddle on me.....

I have a theory as to why we are not seeing any progress on the Elio front. I think we would all agree the problem is financing. The Elio car is a good idea and the reservations show it will sell. So, why can't they get money for production. My theory is that, simply put, Paul doesn't what to give potential investors what they want. He wants to keep the lion's share and all the control of the company. So essentially it's not a good deal for the money men.

That's my theory, what's yours?

Doesn't matter the reason. The bottom line is Elio never made it to production. No cars on the road. I posted maybe 4 years ago that Elio is taking the same route as all the other smart compact vehicles that never saw production. Someone removed the post because they didn't want to hear negative realism. We all still remember Aptera? Think car, venture carver, etc etc. These cars take too much capital to start for too small of a niche market. Try selling as an easy kit to assemble from parts in the buyers garage.....like aviation does with experimental aircraft.

Top Bottom