• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Not Buy A Geo Metro Or 1st Gen Insight?

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've read through all 6 pages of this thread and agree with Chris F to put this guy on my don't follow list. I do not understand why people who are so opposed to the Elio even bother to get on this forum. They certainly have nothing positive to add. He would be better off to go find a Geo forum and play in that arena

As someone else pointed out with a link, he came here from a Geo forum for the sole purpose of "stirring the pot". His only reason for being here is simply to be a troll for his forum's own amusement. Just ignore him and as most trolls, they'll eventually get bored of being ignored and go back to their bridge or wherever it is that trolls stay at these days.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A buddy of mine made his own version of the Elio.....from a Geo Metro!! All he did was cut a third of the car out from the middle, weld it back together, and BAM!!! Sure it's ugly, but it gets 60mpgs and cost him NOTHING other than time and welding materials.

Settle down everyone....if it weren't for the Geo Metro, the Elio concept wouldn't exist. Secondly, the "Geo" concept has been in place since the mid 80's, starting out as the Chevy Sprint, then evolving to Geo Metro, then Chevy Metro.
Just for the record, I appreciate the design and forward-thinking of the Elio. I hope to be a contributing member of this thread in the future......IF and WHEN the Elio ever hits production. If it DOES go to production, I'll purchase one.

In the GeoMetroForum we've been talking about the Elio for a long time now....mostly for the potential scam nature of the whole thing (which is a fair topic to discuss), but also for the inventive use of the Geo Metro powertrain and other components in the initial prototype. We were also talking about the Aptera as well....and how they were accepting REFUNDABLE deposits, yet still eventually found themselves in Chapter 7 liquidation.

I posted some pictures of a friend's BOGETRO....a chopped-down-the-middle Geo Metro which, oddly enough, resembles the Elio prototype from a schematic perspective. I also lightheartedly teased one of your members regarding his comments about his girlfriend never wanting to ride in a Geo Metro (yet ironically, would she take a back seat in his Elio?). He, in a return volley, got nasty toward my friend's prototype (which amazingly gets over 60mpg) and my friend personally. Sure his Bogetro is ugly, but so were the first dozen or so Elio prototypes while in the design phase.....I'm sure.

In the words of the late poet laureate Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"
I NEVER replied to the post of your friends prototype, but let me clarify a question burning in some of your brains and some over at the metro forum, MY GIRLFRIEND WILL NOT RIDE IN A GEO BECAUSE SHE THINKS THEY ARE UGLY AND SHE HAS A BRAND NEW F150 SHE PAID CASH FOR, SHE CAN RIDE IN OR DRIVE MY ELIO ON LONG TRIPS, SHE ALSO LIKES THE IDEA OF A PINK ELIO SO SHE CAN DRIVE LONG DISTANCE TO SEE HER FAMILY! Hope this clarified things up.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Troll? Isn't that one of those creatures with little intelligence and less than half a brain, the personality of a wet noodle and the misguided notion that there is really a car somewhere in its world they call a metro.
11949854641636335824troll_daniel_steele_r.svg.hi.png

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I NEVER replied to the post of your friends prototype, but let me clarify a question burning in some of your brains and some over at the metro forum, MY GIRLFRIEND WILL NOT RIDE IN A GEO BECAUSE SHE THINKS THEY ARE UGLY AND SHE HAS A BRAND NEW F150 SHE PAID CASH FOR, SHE CAN RIDE IN OR DRIVE MY ELIO ON LONG TRIPS, SHE ALSO LIKES THE IDEA OF A PINK ELIO SO SHE CAN DRIVE LONG DISTANCE TO SEE HER FAMILY! Hope this clarified things up.
Jake,This ones for you compliments of Silas Sunday[Broken External Image]

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All this needs is some eye lashes painted on the headlights.
Ain't she sweet? See her driving down that street
Yes, I ask you very confidentially, ain't she sweet?
Ain't she nice? Look her over once or twice
Yes, I ask you very confidentially, ain't she nice?

Just cast an eye in her direction
Oh me, oh my, ain't that perfection?
Oh, I repeat, well, don't you think that's kinda neat?

Just cast an eye in her direction
Oh me, oh my, ain't that perfection?
Oh, I repeat, well, don't you think that's kinda neat?

Frank Sinatra - Ain't She Sweet Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For one thing most of us here share a dream. We dream of what might be and of the day ours arrives. I for one would not even conceive of driving what I consider to be junk. You yourself said you were "fixing a 93 geo metro" Why would anyone throw good money after bad by ixing up a beater? You will never get it back. We, collectively, believe in Paul's dream we are just waiting for that drean to come true. On the other hand, fixing up a GEO Metro to me would be a nightmare and something I would only do if I were not allowed to dream. Elio will arrive!

I will have about $400 in that car when I am done with it. It was only $200 since the rod and piston broke. A little bit of money for head gasket, rings, etc. I don't think spending about $400 on a car is too much.

I could easily get $1500 for it to right person. So yes I will get it back. And why would fixing a metro be a nightmare? I understand that some people do not work on cars and that's not their thing. Completely understandable. But anyone who wrenches on cars loves working on metros. They are way to easy to work on and is a reason many metro owners like them. The fact that the parts are cheap to is always a plus.

And please don't mention throwing good money after bad when as of right now many people are throwing $1,000 at right now is a hope, belief or a dream.....

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Poor choice of words on my part. By "none of that" what I meant wasn't so much an itemization of the features but rather the fun of riding a motorcycle. If I can't stick my arms out both windows, it's gonna be tough to compare the experience to a motorcycle.

What about a convertible?

I just don't think the elio (or any car) would come close enough to the experience of a bike. But if the main thing is sticking your arms out both windows, get a p50. hahahahaha

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThFonMnuH_O1EXMOXR7PvaLu9KA2RO2X6snwo5ktuRmglVvTmBsQ.jpg

Top Bottom