• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Write A Letter Help Get Elio On The Road

russell ramsdell

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there is a guy in palm harbor florida who had a redesigned engine that gave 65 mpg with fewer moving parts -4 or 5 years ago it was on the local news and then was never mentioned again -the man said he'd take it to his grave rather than sell his techno to a foreign gov--so personally I don't think the rich gov, inchargers either don't care or have the techno and are slowly giving it to us-

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if we actually want Obama to publically support Elio, that will make Elio a hostile target for the "other party" for which Obama favors = must kill.

If anyone is close to W. Buffet send the letter to him, he'll get something done................ :)

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
secondly it is totally stupid to require a motorcycle license because there is NOTHING even remotely resembling a motorcycle on the Elio..
Ray

You're assuming there is a speck of common sense in the state gub'ments, who will ultimately determine the Elio's classification. It will not surprise me a bit if many states do require a MC license.
MSF courses are very easy to pass, even provide the small displacement motorcycles. My son and SIL took the course a couple years ago, was ~$125 and one full day. ROI is what .... 2mo. gas savings?

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're assuming there is a speck of common sense in the state gub'ments, who will ultimately determine the Elio's classification. It will not surprise me a bit if many states do require a MC license.
MSF courses are very easy to pass, even provide the small displacement motorcycles. My son and SIL took the course a couple years ago, was ~$125 and one full day. ROI is what .... 2mo. gas savings?
Hate to tell you that many older people will have trouble passing this course ! I took this course so I know what is involved. Quite a few older people failed the course when I took it and has nothing to do with the Elio. The laws need to be updated and reclassify this vehicle as an Autocycle that requires no helmet and a regular drivers license .

Ray

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Jerry Greif, are you the one who designed the 2 posters this past week? If so can you tell me where they are. I want to print them out so I can start using them. I thought this was the thread they were in but obviously they are not.

Thanks for any help you can give me. :) Z
zelio, I hung 2 posters on the picture and video area last week. Not sure if thats what you're talking about. Parking sign and Limited Edition Plaquard.

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think its a bad idea for the government to purchase some, but with this president, I'll have to pass on the letter. They are more concerned with other things right now, and the growth of this economy doesn't seem to be one. Staying nice for everyone today. I'll leave it as it is.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
zelio, I hung 2 posters on the picture and video area last week. Not sure if thats what you're talking about. Parking sign and Limited Edition Plaquard.
I loved those but those aren't the ones I'm looking for. The ones I want are the pertinent information and picture of the Elio that I can print out, get laminated (I have an inkjet printer) and take them around to various credit unions, etc. I have already given my credit union a heads up about this vehicle coming on the market next year because I wanted them to have time to think about how to handle any loan applications they may get. Will they treat it as a car, a motorcycle, an ATV, etc. The immediate answer was an ATV but that assumes it is not going to be driven on the interstate which is incorrect. I figure if I take this information in they can copy it and do research from there. I also want to be able to send it to my insurance company. I do not want to get my Elio and then have to jump through a whole bunch of ridiculous hoops that prevent me from driving it immediately. When I get it I want to drive it now!!! LOL :-) Z

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I loved those but those aren't the ones I'm looking for. The ones I want are the pertinent information and picture of the Elio that I can print out, get laminated (I have an inkjet printer) and take them around to various credit unions, etc. I have already given my credit union a heads up about this vehicle coming on the market next year because I wanted them to have time to think about how to handle any loan applications they may get. Will they treat it as a car, a motorcycle, an ATV, etc. The immediate answer was an ATV but that assumes it is not going to be driven on the interstate which is incorrect. I figure if I take this information in they can copy it and do research from there. I also want to be able to send it to my insurance company. I do not want to get my Elio and then have to jump through a whole bunch of ridiculous hoops that prevent me from driving it immediately. When I get it I want to drive it now!!! LOL :) Z
I need to ask.. How do you feel about getting a motorcycle license Z? The possibility exists that it be required to drive the Elio unless laws change.. Something to consider..

Ray

Top Bottom