• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Announcements Post Suppliers Summit August 2015

Graemexx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
BTW Elio will be offering( of course an option)a sun roof and a moonroof, the structural members have been so designed, perhaps that will alleviate your concerns- if it really is a deal breaker, then perhaps your concerns might best be addressed with another type of transportation- 50 years on bikes - risk vs reward.
More people have and will die crashing on motorcycles then I ever could imagine sitting in the rear seat of an "&" with the driver incapacitated -seizure/heart attack -just don't try the passenger door to exit
I have three cars that I consider dangerous, MGA Bugeye Sprite and an Austin Seven. I have no problem with my son in any of them, but would never put him in the back of a motorcycle or Elio

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what are the alternatives if the ATVM loan does not come through? Crowdfunding and 506(c) are not making up the $240 million needed. Paul Elio has said they have multiple paths. I do not know if each of these paths provide the remainder of the $240 million needed, or if each of these paths provide only a portion. I can think of two options Paul Eli may take.

Option 1: Paul Elio has refused the financing he needs because the investors wanted too much control. I believe the opposite is true. Paul Elio wants too much control. Investors will not hand over many millions of dollars to someone without having any control in the company. Paul Elio does not want others to share. They may overrule him on the elgin gauges, and probably would have. They may cause other changes he does not want. I am sure he has a list of the people wanting to invest large amounts of money but only if they share some of the control. As a last resort, Paul may grant this control to them in exchange for the money, thus finally obtaining all of the needed cash. http://www.elioowners.com/threads/funding-refused-by-paul-elio.6205/

Option 2: Go public with an IPO. At the Saint Francis University talk, Paul Elio was asked if he would go public. His response was “Only if I have to”. This is a another path he may exercise. Once again he would not have complete control but may do this as a last resort.
We've been over this ground a lot. Paul cannot do an IPO, the company does not meet the qualifications. He can, however, go public in just the manner he is doing now: crowd funding and private placement. The strategy is obviously to raise money but avoid concentrating the shares in one (or a few) person's hands, thus keeping control.

I think foreign investment would be a great way to go .... less control, and plenty of arab or chinese money around.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the "TIMES " link....if Elio keeps on track like they are doing then the mid-2016 production guesstimate is certainly obtainable...especially, if we hear the government loan is approved and those funds are added to what he has now. I'll want to increase my " All-iN " Amount to the max if this comes to pass...money coming in to fund his Elio on that scale will attract a lot more cash when people know for sure the production day is settled and a start up workforce is in place and they trial production runs are going smooth with the robotics and skilled workforce in place.....just sayin'
time it right, so you will catch the incentive -for sure by the time it's for real the incentives will be discontinued

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We've been over this ground a lot. Paul cannot do an IPO, the company does not meet the qualifications. He can, however, go public in just the manner he is doing now: crowd funding and private placement. The strategy is obviously to raise money but avoid concentrating the shares in one (or a few) person's hands, thus keeping control.

I think foreign investment would be a great way to go .... less control, and plenty of arab or chinese money around.
check today's markets China's pushing the economies of the world down the toilet

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I had a good night's sleep in my own bed and ready to report. Tippy the dog was delivered safely back to my father In-law in Port Huron. Maddy and I camped two night in their back yard. Big area wide garage sales, swimming in the lake and visiting with the In-laws, who never met Maddy before. Dad is finally warming up to the idea of being a great grandpa ... soon to be a great - great grandpa. (Maddy's cousin is pregnant) Then two night in Detroit. BUT, Wednesday with Tippy, we tried to visit the P-5 at Technosports in Livonia MI. I got a card and signed the guest book, but didn't get pass the lobby. The very beautiful receptionist with nice nails meekly but sternly bold face lied (most likely) and said it wasn't there to see. But, she did confirm that they will be building lots of them there in the future. The business was impressive. Two buildings, maybe more were very secure and located in a nice area. Looking in the windows (I was walking the little dog), it was mostly offices in the front and large work area / garages in the back of both buildings behind fences and gates. Maddy was afraid we were going to get arrested so we didn't stay long.
Thanks anyway, for the good attempt!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I believe Elio Motors can do an IPO. Why? Because Paul Elio (indirectly) says they can. He is an extremely smart person and I am sure he is more familiar with IPO possibilities than all of us put together. Plus, he has the consultation of the experts at Financial One which, among other things, deals with IPOs. I am sure he has discussed all his alternatives with them including an IPO.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe Elio Motors can do an IPO. Why? Because Paul Elio (indirectly) says they can. He is an extremely smart person and I am sure he is more familiar with IPO possibilities than all of us put together. Plus, he has the consultation of the experts at Financial One which, among other things, deals with IPOs. I am sure he has discussed all his alternatives with them including an IPO.
What you believe and what the SEC will approve are two quite different things.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that the government will not consider it a safe product until the car has a detachable roof. One passenger burning to death because the driver is dead , unconscious, or unable to open the door, will be the end of Elio
??? That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying every coup made has to have a detachable roof? If an Rx8 is on its side with the decoifed driver and a passenger in the back seat, wouldn't they be in the same boat? If we are going with weird accidents, grandma backs your Elio against a building along the left side. She can't get out and the door won't open. Bye, grandma. I guess you are just doomed in there... You'll never get out. Thank goodness the government will protect us from improbable accident scenarios.

Top Bottom