• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too am not invested (yet), and I want one just as bad as everyone else. I'm waiting to see the finalized design, the factory tooling installed and so on. I also hate that they keep changing stuff, and not always (IMO) for the best. I hope to see a decent product produced. I really hope to see options and metallic color choices, I also hope to see interior choices too. One of these days I'll be happy to drop a deposit, but for now I'm in a wait and see mode. I suspect there are a lot of people like me.
Give it 'till July-Aug. then get a spot on the long list because by that time, everybody will get into the action including me for my wife's own Elio! We may see yet another and maybe "final" design mods in a P5 which will eventually go into production but it's just me talking....It's all guess work!:confused:

H town Jeff

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have a number how can you deny you are nothing more than a fair weather friend?

FutureOwner.jpg

Kirb

Reaction score
Having placed a deposit on an Aptera early on in its development and seeing it not materialize, I have been watching the progress of the Elio with great interest. Digging around for more info I came across this podcast (discussion of Elio starts at the 32:38 mark)

Here are more written articles:

http://carnewscafe.com/2013/08/22/e...hy-they-arent-viable-even-if-they-are-funded/
http://www.greencarreports.com/news...all-and-clever-but-do-its-financials-work-out

I would love to see the car come to fruition, but after the Aptera vaporware mess, I hold my breath….

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having placed a deposit on an Aptera early on in its development and seeing it not materialize, I have been watching the progress of the Elio with great interest. Digging around for more info I came across this podcast (discussion of Elio starts at the 32:38 mark)

Here are more written articles:

http://carnewscafe.com/2013/08/22/e...hy-they-arent-viable-even-if-they-are-funded/
http://www.greencarreports.com/news...all-and-clever-but-do-its-financials-work-out

I would love to see the car come to fruition, but after the Aptera vaporware mess, I hold my breath….

I saw that disclosure some where and I thought it only said 164 mil. This guy is full of s-it. If they go down, it will not be from anything he mentioned. He said EM should of gone the route of using off the shelf parts like that other company and they are.

He kept saying how he would like to see EM make it, all the while drilling a hole in the bottom of the EM boat.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was at the Knoxville event yesterday. There were a number of folks there out of pure curiosity, having been invited by someone who was really enthused. From the conversations that I had and those that I overheard, it seems to me that once people see it and understand what it is, the great majority of them want one of their own. I heard zero negative comments. The P4 is going to have enormous exposure at Daytona and Savannah later this month. I expect to see a huge spike in the number of reservations by the end of the month and going forward because of increased word of mouth and social media activity.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope they don't have to raise the price, but I am willing to pay a bit more if it takes that to come to fruitation. I love this machine.:)
That's my thought too. If it goes up another $1500 I would not be too upset so long as they do right by the vehicle. But I do hope at least the $1000 all in crowd gets the $6800 price. Early adopters will help launch the company and the best advertising this company could get once we get our cars. I think we should get something for that even if it is only the price we hope to be agreeing upon.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's my thought too. If it goes up another $1500 I would not be too upset so long as they do right by the vehicle. But I do hope at least the $1000 all in crowd gets the $6800 price. Early adopters will help launch the company and the best advertising this company could get once we get our cars. I think we should get something for that even if it is only the price we hope to be agreeing upon.
In an interview Paul had stated that they were $300 away from getting to the $6,800 price that was promised. I think that they will do almost everything they can to meet that price for everyone on their reservation list. Possibly for the entire first year of production. Then I foresee a jump in price as they enter the second and third years of production. I foresee a price increase that will still make it a no brainer for most ($8,500-$9,999, got to keep it under $10k to keep it attractive) and double or triple margins. Although they could keep the base model at the $6,800 price and charge a premium price for each option and regain margins there. Either way it will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In an interview Paul had stated that they were $300 away from getting to the $6,800 price that was promised. I think that they will do almost everything they can to meet that price for everyone on their reservation list. Possibly for the entire first year of production. Then I foresee a jump in price as they enter the second and third years of production. I foresee a price increase that will still make it a no brainer for most ($8,500-$9,999, got to keep it under $10k to keep it attractive) and double or triple margins. Although they could keep the base model at the $6,800 price and charge a premium price for each option and regain margins there. Either way it will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way folks are talking about options they may not need to worry. options always comes with a price. I already want cruise control so the $6800 is already gone for me. I hope it doesn't cost too much extra. Cruise control is a must have for my USA tour AKA road trip!

Top Bottom