• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Fluff

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree about Borras. He has been against Elio from day 1. Its easy to see why PJ, WTElf, and a few others quote him. They are just like him.
Thanks for posting this info. For the record there are only 3 clowns on this forum that counted Elio out and I am betting they will be replying to your post Quickly to crap on it. Sad people.
They just can't stand EM making it but from what everybody is seeing......with that yahoo exposure......EM is moving forward!;)

Kent

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the board Kent! Interesting attitude. Makes me want to ask... what brings you here?

And one other quick question, Kent... which local TV news station reported this?
Please, ask your 'friend'. I'd like to know. I bet they catalog their video newscasts.
As for what brings me here, I'm sure I am here for the same reason most of us are. I want an Elio and I want to keep up with the latest news on EM. I gave them $100 and I am hoping that turns out to be more than just a donation.

Question for you, when you asked me to ask my friend about the news report, you put friend in quotation marks- why?

Anyway, I texted my friend to ask about date of broadcast/station. Haven't heard back yet, however a quick Google search for Shreveport TV news elio turned up the following at Shreveport channel 3 news. This report says Elio has postponed occupancy of the plant until Sept. 2015. That is very similar to what my friend had stated. Here is the link http://www.ktbs.com/story/25690249/...art-pushed-back-for-elio-motors-in-shreveport

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just the opposite JP, just the opposite..we all want the vehicle to be built, but many of us have realized EM will never be the company to build it. Just look at the results so far..
How many people called it a scam?? How many people do not believe they can build it for $6800? How many people thought they should have started out in a smaller factory and built their way to up to a full assembly line operation. How many heard the god awful sound of an elio without a exhaust system installed and said "are you kidding me?"
Elio had 5 million dollars when he left Pontiac Michigan..he could have bought a dozen Hyundai 3 cylinder kappa motors in 2012..and trannies, and built 10-12 finished elios and called them 2012's...then built 100 of the P3's...then 500 of the P4's...investors would be knock, knock, knocking on the door.
but no, he had to be so stubborn about the $6800, the 5 star and the 84 mpg..
If the original P2 with the Hyundai motor got 78, who the hell would have cared?..and thousands would have paid $30,000 for a elio commuter that got almost 80 mpg.
He needs to turn it over to someone who has the ability to make a completed elio and show it to the public..his design company ESG Engineering just cannot do it. I know that because it has been 8 years.
Put some pressure on EM, my ass is tired of sitting and waiting for something to happen.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kent - your link didn't work.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/25697775/elio-motors-delays-production-almost-lost-shreveports-gm-plant

I think this info has been noted, but Kent seems to be telling the truth. Why does anyone get bashed if they question something about the Elio. A MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE DON'T BASH, but there are a few that get fired up if you even ask a simple question or mention some news that could be bad.

Ken has put down money on this and just is curious.

Blackbird - who are the 3 clowns? I believe all the "clowns" or "trolls" have stated several times they want it to succeed and like the car. Not one of these trolls have said the car is a piece of shit, stupid, dumb, or pointless.

There are several types of "interest". There is the type of interest where you get bored and drive around a dealership but never get out. Another type where you look at the car, but aren't ready to buy. Another where you actually go on a test drive. etc. You get the idea.

Just people saying they are interested doesn't mean something will take off.

The main thing is financing. Until then this is just a prototype/concept. If I heard that Berkshire/Hathaway or Carl Icahn has decided to invest 50 or 100m in this company. Then you would see "interest" go through the roof. If they bought into it, I would send $1,000.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who lives in Shreveport. He tells me that the local TV news has reported that Elio Motors has told the Shreveport City Council that Elio would "inhabit" the old GM plant "late 2015 or early 2016."
That combined with the trial balloon about an Elio kit sounds sadly like the first two nails in the Elio coffin.
I hope I'm wrong, but I have to agree that all we are really hearing is fluff.
The Elio kit wasn't a "trial balloon" by the company, but a random idea by a forum member. Despite the grandiose delusions of some of the members, I'm not aware that any members of this forum are employees of Elio.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Top Bottom